Chapter 25

~ Chapter 25 ~

Blair's Point of View

"Jonathan Cade has been found not guilty by the means of self-defense and…Ponyboy Curtis is to be placed into the custody of his older brother, Darrel Curtis." 

I look at the boys on either side of me, grabbing their hands with a grin. I lean over to Johnny and wrap my arms around him, releasing his sweaty hand. I kiss his cheek and lean back into my seat, hugging Ponyboy as well. 

"I told you," I whisper. 

"Yeah yeah," he mumbles through a laugh. I chuckle and wait to be dismissed. When we are, we hope over the back wall and I wait for Pony, Soda, and Darry to finish their high before I grab Darry around the meck and pull him into me. 

"I told you they'd be okay," I whisper. "I told you, Dare." 

"I know," he whispers back, kissing the base of my neck. I get on my toes and hug him tighter. Darry lets me down with a quick kiss. I turn to Mickey and he winks at me, a smile on his own face as he claps his hands. I smile and shake my head. 

"I hate you," I mouth silently. 

"Love you too, " he mouths back. I roll my eyes and lean back on the wall. Johnny and Pony come over again and I hug them both, having to get on my toes to do it. I don't know how, but they suddenly seem taller since I met them. 

"Go, mother Blair," Mickey teases. 

"Shut up," I laugh, lowering down to be flat-footed again. "Come on, you guys wanna go get some dinner?" 

All of the guys nod, but I turn to Mickey, furrowing my eyebrows. 

"I oughta let y'all celebrate this one," he smirks, pulling his wallet out of his pocket. 

"Mickey-"

"Nah, man." Mickey tries to shove money into my hand. I shake my head and step back. "No, I'm buying, Blair. Come on, I ain't seen ya in a while." 

"Mickey, I said no," I insist.

Mickey holds the bills over my head and whistles, looking at Darry, and nodding towards his hand.

"You take it if she won't." 

I turn to Darry, "You'd better not." Darry looks at Mickey and raises his hands in the air next to his chest. 

"She's the boss," Darry smirks. 

"Ha," I smirk in Mickey's face. 

"Blair, I'll make it a hell of a lot worse if you don't," Mickey warns. "I'll send double to your house." 

"And I'll return it," I retort, raising my eyebrows. 

"He knows where we live?" Ponyboy asks, stepping towards me. 

"I know a lot of things," Mickey smirks. "Your friend here does too." He nods at me. I shake my head. 

"Well that's very comforting," Sodapop laughs. 

"Mickey's just talk," I say, looking him up and down. "Come on, let's get out of here." I head over to Mickey and side hug him quickly.