14: All I Want

[Had to google Paul Rudd for a small part in this so the name of his girlfriend is the name of his wife irl ahaha, enjoy this one (: What was said in the last part of this chapter about a play is true! Jen said it in 2015 at a film festival]

David was watching Jennifer's interview. He managed to catch it just in time getting back from the night walk with Norman. This day had been a weird yet eye opening one for him, it showed for one just how intertwined his daily routine was to Jennifer's. Not only are their jobs in the same place but he felt that he wasn't moving through the day properly without saying good morning to her properly, or saying I love you. This feeling that compelled him to text her just before she went on. Because he does love her, he will always. As for the apology it was towards his doubts for the relationship. The doubts he wasn't open about to her directly. Which pained him to even think about.

Turning on the tv and making sure he had put out the dog food and water bowl, David watched his girlfriend on the small screen. With a smile going on his face, he knew that this is where Jennifer is meant to be. Just her presence even on the screen radiated comfort. He is so proud of her for this movie specifically, she had her doubts but this one he kept telling her that it was different.

As he watched the interview continue the question about their private lives and relationships got mentioned. Which made David tense up. After all, they had their fight about this. But this wasn't him. This is her.

"Jennifer? Are you dating?" The host asked.

David noticed how Jennifer shifted. She did the normal thing David noticed about her during their interviews together when she would get nervous. After a few seconds though, a smile went on her face.

"Isn't that the million-dollar question now a days." The host, Jennifer and even Paul laughed. "I am dating someone, yes."

Jennifer smiled as the crowd applauded and even Paul was smiling squeezing her shoulder. David in awe of what he just heard. She really admitted to a relationship publicly, which he is aware is one of the fears she has. He wasn't aware he was even smiling until the interview closed, and it went to commercial break. She did that.

His phone ringing from the distance was what broke David out of his own trance of disbelief hearing what had come out of his girlfriend's mouth. He answered before checking who it was on the other side.

"Hello?" David said still waiting for the interview to begin again.

"She did that." Lisa's voice was on the other side also with a happy tone. "You are watching David, right?"

"I heard it."

"Does that give you the reassurance you were looking for?" Lisa asked him.

"I didn't think I needed reassurance. I think I needed to hear that she wasn't keeping this a secret." David admitted to his friend.

"Now make up, I hated seeing you two today." Lisa joked.

"I love her you know,"

"Oh, I know, I can practically already see your smile." Lisa laughed. The two said their goodbyes and hung up.

Norman now moving next to David as the interview continued talking about the movie. Jennifer had a different glow to her smile and answers which was only visible to David. He couldn't help but smile at her.

As another commercial break went on screen Paul and Jennifer made their exit from the live audience, waving and extending their thank yous for all the support. Back stage was a whole other story as members from Jennifer's team smiled with pride at her. This was out of her comfort zone, the whole doing interviews by herself and doing more movies independently. But Jennifer felt that this was her home. Doing this work.