Six: Lunch

Made this chapter a bit more around David's side of things so I hope it turned out alright! I also kept writing this chapter in between my breaks at work so sorry for the wait I'm already working on chapter 7 (:

"A new week." Courteney turned to Jennifer.

"Well it's been a little over a week." Jennifer said.

"A new week since.."

"Alright, alright. A week since the dinner." Jennifer sighed.

She had debated whether or not to tell the girls what her and David were talking about over dinner. But one thing led to another and Jennifer ended up telling them everything, needing the advice on how to approach whatever her and David are now. Coworkers? Friends? She had hoped they will remain friends but Jennifer can barely look at him anymore. Not because of any bad feelings but just the thought that so much happened in one week yet they have to act normal. Even doing press together they acted normal.

It didn't help either that since Christina is back in town she seems to be coming by the set more often. Seeing his girlfriend made her feel guilty. Seeing his girlfriend brought back feelings of sadness and anger. Sadness that they didn't act sooner. Anger towards herself for kissing David, a second time. Yet there is a part of her that feels happy for David. Because after all when you see someone you care about.

"Christina invited us three for lunch by the way. You left so quick yesterday she didn't catch you." Courteney shook Jennifer out of her thoughts.

"She did?"

"She's making the effort to know us I guess." Courteney shrugged. When they hit a stop light she turned to Jennifer. "It's okay if you don't want to go."

"No no. It's fine. I mean what else will I do? Continue to avoid her? It looks like they're going the long haul anyways." She sighed. "Besides I need to move on."

"I'm not sure about the long haul.. I heard the boys talking the other day and—"

"Court really I don't want to hear it."

"You sure?"

"The longer I keep thinking about this I'll go crazy. I said my peace to him, how ironic is it that I feel exactly how Rachel feels right now." She laughed under her breath.

--

David had other feelings going into the week ahead. He had tried to reach out to Jennifer multiple times after their dinner but got nothing but voicemail and unread text messages. She even stopped following their traditions on set. It took her one week to just try and stop it all. It's all because David didn't know just how hurt she really was. He didn't know just how much she had meant it when she told him about letting this go. What hurt David however was how quick it took her to do all of that.

When Christina came back to California things had changed for the couple. It was extremely obvious how Christina missed her boyfriend. She kept trying to make it up to him for leaving without warning not knowing that David is already used to things being like this. She didn't need to make it up to him. But no matter how many times he would answer with 'no it's fine' she insisted to go to work with him.

"The three girls are coming over for lunch today by the way if you're going to join us." Christina shouted from the kitchen as David was sat on the couch looking over his emails.

"They are?"

"Bubs, I told you last night? You were on your phone when I was speaking.."

"Oh sorry I was doing something.." In reality he was trying to get a hold of one of the girls to speak to Jen. "I can leave you four be I'll catch up on some administrative things for work."