Fireworks - Fluff

Niki leaned into her girlfriends shoulder and sighed contentedly.

All around the hill she could see other couples and family's sitting together to enjoy the fireworks. She could see her own family a few blankets over, with her little brother running around like a madman as usual.

She normally would be with them, but this year she has someone special to go with.

"Niki look!" Puffy, the someone in question, exclaimed, bringing her out of her thoughts. "They're starting!"

Niki's gaze followed her finger to the bottom of the hill where the first of the fireworks were being lit.

The sky was suddenly alight with a bright yellow burst, the cracking sound echoing throughout the town.

As more and more fireworks were lit, celebrating the day of her nations independence, Niki felt the fullest she ever had before.

"Happy 4th of July Puffy" Niki breathed, pulling her into a kiss

"Happy 4th of July Niki" Puffy returned, kissing her straight back.

And so the girls sat together in each other's warm embrace, together and content for another night, as children shrieked with glee all over the hill and the stars were finally outshined with not only the fireworks lit just over the hill, but the happiness of one couple, sat a little while away.

Word Count: 214

Sorry it's a little short, motivation has been a little bit*h these past few days, and I finally found the motivation to write something, but couldn't figure out what else to put, and figured something short would be better than nothing.

Also I'm probably going to put out a chat fic at some point in the next week, so look out for that.