1

"Patches!" Dream called from the small kitchen, green eyes wandering around the room quickly, "where are you?"

In an attempt to get her attention, he shook the bag of food, something that always worked when it came to signaling meal time. But this time, nothing. No sounds of paws padding across the tiled floor, no quiet purr as he poured her a bowl full of food, no sign of Patches at all.

Confused, Dream set the cat food down on the counter, walking out of the kitchen and into the living room, shaking his head as he finally saw what had Patches distracted enough to miss her meal.

Lying on the small couch, curled up with Patches on his stomach purring happily, was George. His eyes were closed, but his hand was moving as he gently stroked the top of her head, cooing quietly to her as she nuzzled her face against him.

Dream couldn't help but smile, it was a sight he always loved; his boyfriend cuddled up with their cat. And it was a sight that he saw often, ever since they had moved in together and adopted Patches almost three years ago now.

"George," Dream spoke softly, smile still on his face as he made his way over to the couch, "what are you doing? I need to feed Patches and you need to get dressed or else we're gonna be late."

George groaned, eyes still closed as he muttered, "but I'm tired, Dream."

"You're always tired, George," Dream answered with a laugh, "but you can take a nap later."

"Five more minutes," George mumbled, shifting slightly so that he could curl up even more.

Patches jumped down off the couch at the sudden movement, weaving out of the living room and into the kitchen as Dream responded, "fine, five more minutes then you need to get up."

George smiled happily, and Dream shook his head, laughing under his breath as he went back into the kitchen. He used the five minutes to feed Patches and quickly clean up some left over dishes from breakfast that morning. And when he was done, he went back into the living room, seeing that George had barely even moved from his position on the couch.

Dream sighed, but a smile pulled at his lips as he made his way back over, voice still soft as he said, "George, it's been over five minutes."

George shook his head quickly in response, his hands reaching for Dream instinctively as he said, "come here."

Dream all but melted at the sight, something that was all too common when he was around George, and he moved so that he was within reaching distance, George's hands immediately latching onto him and pulling him down onto the couch.

With a quiet laugh, Dream allowed it to happen, wrapping George up in his arms as he said, "George, come on. You need to get up, we have to leave soon."

"I don't wanna go," George mumbled back, hiding his face in Dream's neck.

Dream sighed, one of his hands moving to play with George's hair as he answered, "well, I'm not gonna force you to go but...I kind of want to go. I never thought I'd even make it through a full year of college, so I definitely didn't expect to make it to graduation."

He felt George shift, his face angling up to look at Dream through long lashes, a soft smile on his face as he said, "you're right, Dream. It's a big accomplishment, and I'm proud of you. So if you wanna go, then so do I."

Dream smiled back, mumbling a quiet thank you as his thumb stroked the brunette's cheek.

George smiled up at him, his eyes still angled up towards the blonde as he said, "you know this means you have to meet my family, right? Both of my parents and my sister are going to be there."