2

*TW: slight NSFW

Dream spotted George among the crowd of students; the brunette's eyes searching for him as well, smiling when he spotted him walking over. He slid into the empty chair beside George just as the dean of the university was taking his place at the podium, ready to begin the graduation ceremony.

George's eyes were angled over at Dream, he could feel the searching gaze before the brunette leaned closer, his voice a whisper as he asked, "what took you so long?"

Dream kept his eyes forward, shrugging slightly before whispering back, "I don't know, there was just a lot of people."

He knew George wasn't satisfied with the answer, could still feel his eyes on him as he continued looking forward, eyes cast up to watch the dean although he wasn't hearing a word he said.

He hated lying to George, it was the very thing that had almost ruined their relationship before it had even officially begun, pushing George away from him again and again. But over the course of the last three years, he had worked tirelessly to earn the brunette's trust back, and he hadn't really given him any reason to doubt him again up until this very moment.

But George was trusting when it came to Dream; always choosing to see the best in him, especially when the blonde couldn't see it himself. And that was exactly what made lying to him so terrible, leaving Dream with a knot of nerves in his stomach.

But he was lying for the right reasons, and George would see that when the time came. So he swallowed nervously, finally turning his head to meet George's curious gaze, letting his face melt into a reassuring smile as he said, "George, it's fine. There was just a line at the bathroom so I had to wait a little bit."

George's face finally broke into a smile, nodding at the blonde before shifting his gaze forward, both of them settling into their seats as they listened to the speeches being recited through the speakers.

Dream sighed quietly, his hand sliding into his pocket, closing around the very thing that was causing him stress to begin with. But he managed to refocus himself, pulling his hand out and reaching for George's hand instead, giving it a light squeeze which the brunette returned with a quiet giggle.

Eventually, they made it through the whole ceremony, finally crossing over the stage as their names were called, cheering loudly for each other and hearing their friends and George's family cheering right along with them. And when the ceremony was over, they stood huddled with everyone, diplomas in hand as they hugged and congratulated one another, smiles on everyone's faces.

And after saying goodbye to their friends and promising George's parents they would come visit soon, they were headed back to their apartment, ready to relax after a long afternoon.

~

Now, Dream was lying on the couch, George's body stretched out on top of his, arms wrapped around one another. George's eyes were closed, but Dream's eyes were cast up to look at the television, his mind restless even though his body was tired.

He felt George's weight shift slightly, his eyes opening slowly as he yawned. He looked up at Dream, still half asleep as he asked, "you didn't nap at all? I thought you were tired."

Dream shook his head, giving George a small smile as he answered, "I just couldn't fall asleep."

George's eyebrows furrowed slightly before smoothing out, his face nuzzling against Dream's neck as he muttered, "okay. Do you wanna do something tonight? Maybe we can see if Karl and Sapnap wanna hang out or something."

Dream swallowed nervously, the jumble of nerves in his stomach tightening as he responded, "actually, I was thinking we could do something together tonight, just the two of us."