𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘍𝘪𝘷𝘦

I couldn't believe my eyes either

I couldn't believe my eyes either. It's her. When she shouted my name, I couldn't help but laugh. Out of all the places, this is where I get to see her once again.

Shin Yuna. My ex.

I missed her. I missed her voice the most. It is one of the many things I loved about her, not because of its tone. Her voice was always comforting in a way that it heals me so much. We broke up a few months ago, but she's not the reason why I am here.

"What the heck are you doing here?" She asked. Her face was priceless. It was as if there were question marks appearing on top of her head.

"I don't know. What are you doing here?" I asked her with a smile.

"Hey! I was the one asking you, so you should answer first." Same old Yuna.

"I have tons of reasons. First of all, my dad keeps forcing me on modeling, but I want to pursue music. He still doesn't let me do what I want." She looked like she felt sorry for me all over again. Whenever I told her all the things that my dad makes me do, she just stays silent and hugs me. Somehow, I wish she could do the same right now, but of course, she didn't.

Instead, she pats my head, and gave me a smile.

"How about you?" I asked. After that, she ran off to the beach.

I worried she might trip because of the water, but she didn't. When she got deeper into the sea, she soaked her whole body. With what she did, I just knew, something was up.

When she got up to breathe, I said almost shouting, "Your parents got divorced, didn't they?" She froze. I knew it.

"Let's not talk about it." She got off the beach and walked away from me like she always do. She walks away from everything, even her problems. Look at where she is now, at this island. Trying to avoid the reality of her parents breaking up. I want to scold her for doing it, but we were the same, so I always let her do what she wants, even the part when she wanted to break up with me.

My neighboring cabin is absolutely noisy. I was trying to sleep and forget that mornings were created, but the people living beside me doesn't know the word respect, so I had to suffer and open my eyes.

I could clearly hear the wall clock ticking, and it started to annoy me. I heard the waves rushing, and it started to bother me. Another burst of giggles and laughter came from the cabin next to me. I snapped. That's it.

Without thinking about my appearance (I'm only wearing khaki shorts and slippers. Yes, I'm topless) I knocked on their door without even thinking how loudly I did it. The door swung open, and a girl with red dyed hair stood there with a curious face.

"Please lower your voices down a bit. I am trying to sleep."

"Oh. I'll tell my sister then. Thank you for telling me or... us." How polite.

"May I ask your name?" She asked. It didn't seem like she had any intentions to date me, so, I told her.

"Kang Taehyun, and you are?" I asked. I suddenly became concious of what I was wearing, and crossed my arms over my chest just to cover myself up a little.

"Lee Chaeryeong. I hope we get along well. I'm really sorry for disturbing you."

"Sure." I nodded and went back to my cabin, but I didn't feel like going in anymore. So, I went to the lounge area and sat on the couch even though it's all sandy now.

CHAERYEONG

"You weren't even bothered by the fact that the boy you just talked to was half naked." My sister shrieked the moment I closer the door behind me. I was actually bothered. A lot, but I tried my best not to show it because if I did, then that would be embarrassing.

"We're at a beach eonnie. It's normal for a guy like him to walk around half naked." Or... is it?

She shrugs her shoulders, letting me know that I have a point. That guy looked harmless though, so seeing him in that state didn't make me feel nervous. I did feel that he was annoyed, but it's obviously because of me and my giggling sister.

But seeing him like that made me feel like he was only wearing a mask. A tough mask to be exact. Looking into his eyes made me see that he was about to break into tears right in front of me, despite the fact that I am a stranger.

Hopefully though, in my next days here. I hope we become good friends.