Every great story has a even greater cliff hanger

As the night begin to fall and the salty winds blew into the house all was quiet as she started a small fire for us.

"Snow, may I tell you a story?" She asked gently. I shook my head and started to warm by the fire as she closed the balcony doors. "Ok, so here's my story of my friend" she said as she sat across from me.

One day, about a couple of years back, my good friend gave me these keys while we were drinking hot chocolate. He told me to hold on to them and watch over the house until he returned. He got up after without saying a word, knocking over his cup as he left closing the door behind him. I waited that night until a half pass 12 and than the fire went out as the door creeped open. There he was holding his side and bleeding through his shirt. I ran to him but he only pushed me away. As a feel back, I watched him limp towards the edge of that there balcony. And he laid beside it, smoking a cigarette, but yet he wasn't a smoker. I laid beside home that night as I did everything I could to stop the bleeding, but he promised me...he prom-promised me he would be ok. As we fell asleep that night out in the snow. Only for me to wake up alone in my bed, I rushed outside but he was gone, only leaving me a note. To keep the keys until her came back. But he never came back. And it's been two years....

"So yeah that's my story about this loft" she exhaled with relief. "It's been a long time since anyone has stayed her with me since her left, I still pray he will return one day " she said with a light grin. "Well, of course he'll come back" I jumped up standing strong. " He'll come back trust me" I smiled at her. But she didn't seem to believe me. "Snow I know your the reason that his gone" I simply stared off as she walked towards the balcony. "If you think he will come back than you watch over this house, he loved you more anyway Scarlett Snow Embers" she screamed while she stood on the balconies railing. "Don't" I screamed while reaching for her hand as she let go her weight and let gravity take flight....