Blood Oath

"Yang Yongbok! Yang Jeongin!"

The deep voice boomed throughout the house making the small child freeze from where him and his Dad were sneaking into the house from a late night ice cream run.

"How much trouble are we in?" The child whispered as he looked up at his Dad.

"I say 50/50 if we give him some." Jeongin whispered back.

Felix made his way into the living room and flicked on the light from a small lamp.

"What are you two doing out at 12 o'clock at night when you have school in the morning and you know we have stuff to do tomorrow?" Felix crosses his arm to scowl at them.

"Bookie couldn't sleep so we went and got ice cream." Jeongin rubbed the back of his neck.

Felix sighs and brings a hand up to rub his forehead.

"You could have found any other way to get him to sleep but ice cream was your best option?" Felix says.

Jeongin looks down at his child and pushes him forward with a whisper shout, "Give him the ice cream!"

The child puts on his best innocent smile before out stretching his arms to show the bag.

"We bought some for you too, Mama." He smiles. His crooked teeth reminding Felix of Jeongin from the baby photos he seen of him as a child.

Felix grabbed the bag and pushed the child towards the stairs as he said, "Go to bed before I sell all your toys." The child giggling as he rushed off to his room.

Felix then looked at Jeongin who was trying to sneak off.

"Not so fast, lover boy."

"Shit-"

————

"Bye! Have a good day!" Felix waves to the child as he runs up to the school doors to catch up with his friends.

Felix watched them laugh with each other as they enter the building with a teacher to greet them.

"You ready to go?" Jeongin asked from beside him as he sipped his coffee.

Felix nods as he follows his husband back to the car. Ignoring the stares of the judgmental parents.

You see, Jeongin and Felix had Yongbok from surrogate. Giving Jeongin's sperm since his was better and his record was a lot cleaner then Felix's, to a nice women who helped them have their baby.

Once he was born, the couple knew that the little bundle of joy would be something special.

Since Felix already had Jeongin's last name and so would the baby, he wanted to give something to him as well. So he was given Felix's Korean name and his Mom was surely proud of it. The little boy was just like this parents. From the looks to the snappy attitude.

Their little baby was what brought them closer together like all those years ago when Felix said I love you for the first time.

————

"I can't believe you haven't thrown all this stuff away." Felix huffs as he carries another box to their car.

The couple was at Felix Mom's house. His Mom wanting Felix to take some of his boxes from his child hood bedroom off her hands so she could renovate the basement.