18

"Prepare the car. I will leave for Andriana palace right away."

Getting no reply from the guards, the crown prince frowned.

The guards were hesitating, while looking at each other.

Jungkook sighed. "Tch! Do as I say. If I stay here dad will make me meet all those nobles personally."
He paused looking at the guards who were still not reassured if it was really okay to leave the main palace right away.

"The official party is over so I'm not obligated to stay here anymore. Let one of the main palace guards know that I'm tired."

Now the hesitating guard were sure about following the order. So they hurriedly left to prepare transportation for their crown prince.

***

Jungkook sneaked himself out of the palace.

On his way, he got a call from his father.
But he ignored it.

Before leaving he did go to meet Namjoon. But they couldn't talk for a long time as Jungkook was in a hurry to leave.

Namjoon also understood his side, so he didn't try to stop him.
.
.
On his way to Adriana palace, Jungkook kept thinking about the party.

More specifically, about the dancer.

The sky was purplish blue.

Jungkook looked outside through the car window, and suddenly it started raining..

'Today is oddly beautiful

'Today is oddly beautiful....'
.
.
.
.

Jungkook came back and freshened up. The main butler offered him some food, but he only agreed to drink a glass of milk.
.
.

Lying down with the glass in his hand, he was reminiscing everything happened that day.

How the boring party started to feel enjoyable when the dancer from Ruvana entered wrapped in a silk outfit.
How half of his cloths were dragging on the floor as he was moving his feets, it seemed like his soft feets almost didn't touch the ground.
Thinking about the performance, he discovered the dancer never once looked at any of the audience there.

'He was in his own world.'

'He looked so free...'

Jungkook halted when he grasped what he was thinking.

'I found a slave free?'

He eyes narrowed his eyes in confusion. 'It doesn't even make sense...'

The crown prince was struggling to find meaning of his absurd thoughts, when BamBam started to whine in their group chat.

He opened the conversation and checked the messages.

Even though in the group chat Jungkook said that BamBam deserved the punch, he himself was confused because of his action.

'Why would I hit him? He just tried to talk to me...'

His eyebrows furrowed as he felt guilty for hitting his friend.
'I will apologise to him tomorrow.'

Even though Jungkook has the highest position in the society among them, the status of their family never comes between their friendship.
They talk casually like there is no difference between them.

Both showing gratitude when you appreciate your friends, and apologising when you make any mistake or feel guilty, are important in friendship.

Jungkook was about to go to bed after all the roller coaster emotions he felt that day, but he soon jumped out of the bed when Seok Jin message him a picture of Jimin.