Day to day

Celene's ~P.O.V~

Mass Sunny cow truck start and my day start too. I look to the curtain to tell the time of day and it looks about 6 or early 7. I go on my knees and say a quick prayer to God giving thanks and begging mercy and guidance for the day.

Spread mi bed and a pop two Tasha Cobbs. By the time mi fi done use the bathroom, just to brush my teeth and wash my face; too early to bathe, a my grandmother that.

"Mawnin". She said with a small smile and a cup of chocolate tea with oil on the top stretched out towards me by her feeble hands; the blessing of grandparents.

"Good morning Grandma". I replied with a bright smile.

"Drink yuh tea and when yuh done guh down a spring fi a bucket a wata carry come caz the tank low". She told me. I loved my grandmother and I appreciated her, but I knew the tank wasn't low, we live in the country, rain fall at least once a week or so, she just wanted me to be doing work and maintain her dominion.

"Alright Grandma, when mi drink mi tea mi deal wid it". I told her. I don't have anything else to do anyways, house chores and then stretch across the bed until I'm called to do something.

I carefully sipped my chocolate tea and watched as the sun laminated the leaves on the guinep tree outside the kitchen window. I smiled softly to myself.

Tonight was gonna be something to think about for the whole weekend. Although I'm 17, I hardly get the chance to be on the road at certain hours, but Miss Dafney's dead yaad is tonight and I know a lot of people will be there which includes my crush Travoy.

He smiles with me when he sees me on the road and I smile back but we have never talked. I'm hoping to change that tonight.

Ranique's  ~P.O.V~

It's 7 am but I still haven't slept. I've been too busy on my phone to sleep. It's senseless really but I choose to make money instead of resting unnecessarily. Some Hennessy and Ocean Spray makes the decision.............. tasteful I guess.

My phone goes off and I roll me eyes. Dah bredda yah a come wid some form a fuckery. I answer anyways. " Yow bredda ".

"Mi killa, yaah fawud pon the block lata?", he asked. I don't like being where everyone is although I stand them, they attract trouble from all angles.

"Waah keep mek yaah ask mi this?", e veryone knows I only pop up when I feel like and I'm not appearing unless I'll be entertained .

"Have a likkle dead yaad, but yuh know fi wi thing different, aguh deh ova the bar", the bar was kind of a hang out spot for us, just to sit and drink. I know there is something else though, as I said, they attract trouble from all angles.

"Oh kool nuh fam, aguh fawud" ,I responded without being sure about my plans. But as I stared at the bottle of Hennessy, something told me tonight would be more than I bargained for and I had no control over that fate.

Celene's ~P.O.V~

It was finally evening, I carried water, I cleaned my room and the living room and the veranda, I raked the front yard, I washed the dishes and I diced the coconut to make drops.

The day was spent in chores and now it was time to lay the request. I set my face straight, I checked the house again and then approached the kitchen with caution. My grandmother was making curry chicken and pumpkin rice with mixed vegetables.

"Grandma, mi can guh a dead yaad tonight wid yuh please?" I asked. What came next was a shock.

"Mi naah guh nowhere tonight" , she replied uninterested. My hopes had fallen but I knew better than to force it.