twelve

I was currently in my room, working on my song. I really wanted to finish it so I could play it for Owen.

Last time I checked the time, it was around midnight. As I played, my phone started ringing. I looked at it to see Owen calling.

It was almost three in the morning. I quickly answer it.

"Hey Owen. Everything okay?" I ask. It was quiet. All I could hear was shaky breathing.

"Tate. I really need you right now." I could hear the sadness in his voice.

It sounded like he was about to break. "What's wrong?" I ask worriedly.

I sat up in my bed. "I was fine. And then I felt like I can't breathe." He spoke.

I put my shoes on as I stay on the call. "Stay where you are. I'm on the way." I quickly get to my car.

I drive as fast as I can to Owens apartment. And when I get there, I walk right in. Thank god his door was unlocked.

"Owen?" I announce. I don't wanna scare him even more. I went into his room to see him pacing around in his room.

"Owen." I tell him softly. He looks over at me with a tear stained face.

His hair was a mess so I guess he's been running his fingers through his hair.

He rushed over to me and wrapped his arms around me. It took me by shock at first.

But I eventually wrapped my arms around him. I embrace him, hoping it helps.

I rub small circles on his back knowing it's going to relax him.

We stood like this for a while, embracing each other. As we stood there, he had his face in crook of my shoulder and neck.

I could hear him take a deep breath as he pulled away. I made sure to look at his face.

He looked like he had relaxed a lot. He sniffled, wiped his eyes, and looked around.

He cleared his throat as he looked down at his feet. "Thanks for showing up. I didn't know who else to call." He spoke.

His voice was a little raspy from the crying. "It's okay. I'm here for you, any time of day." I tell him honestly.

I want him to know I'm here for him. He sniffled again as he continued to look down at his feet.

"I'm just sorry you had to see me like that." He lightly shook his head.

"You have nothing to be sorry about. I'm happy you called me so you didn't have to do it alone." I could see him smile a little.

He finally looked up at my face. "I really appreciate it." I could tell he meant it too.

"I'll stay here until you're feeling better. We can do whatever you wanna do." I lean against his wall.

"Can you stay here and talk to me a little bit?" He asked. I nodded my head as we sit on his bed.

It was quiet for a moment. "What triggered it? Do you know?" I ask wondering how it happened.

He shook his head no. "I have no idea. I was asleep and woke up in a panic attack." I frowned towards him.

I hated seeing him like this. But I wanted to help him out of this.

"That makes me sound a little fucked up doesn't it?" He told me sadly.

I shake my head towards him. "We're all a little fucked up." I tell him.

He was looking at me softly. "Some more than others but we're all fucked up." Even though I tried to joke around, there was truth behind it.