twenty-two

I was beyond exhausted. Our flight was at seven am Sydney time, two pm Los Angeles time.

And we just now landed in Los Angeles at five in the morning. Maya had picked us up and we were about half asleep.

But we had to stay awake because of the jet lag. If we go to sleep, we'll be asleep all day.

"How are you guys feeling?" Maya asked making conversation. "Very tired." Abby half joked.

We pulled to my apartment building and I was happy. When we walk into our apartment, Savannah and Charlie were sitting on the couch.

They looked very tired, like they stayed up all night. "Hey, how did everything go?" Savannah asked softly.

Charlie rose his head up to look at us walking in. "The funeral was what you could expect. But everything else was alright." I smirk at Owen.

We haven't told anyone about us making it official yet. We both smirked a little bit and looked away. Savannah looked in between us.

I knew she saw what we were doing. "You guys didn't have to stay up." Owen smiles.

Charlie and Savannah shrugged as they look at us. "We just wanted to make sure you were okay." I loved them.

They stayed up all night to make sure we were okay. We thank them as we sit on the couch.

I got a little sleep on the plane so I wasn't too tired. "Sis, Abby and I are going to go nap before work today." Ryan announced.

I give Abby a hug and thank her for coming. Abby really is perfect for my brother. She dropped everything to fly to Australia with us.

"Text me if you need anything." Ryan told me. I nodded my head as he looks at me. He tells everyone goodbye as they walk out.

It was now just us five. I look over to see Owen yawn. "Aye, no sleeping." I lightly tap his face.

He groans as I sit next to him. I lace our fingers together as he leans his head on my shoulder.

"I'm just so tired. Can't I go nap?" I sigh as I give in. "Just for a few hours. Set an alarm for nine." That's four hours.

He gets up and go towards my room. When he shuts the door, the three smile towards me.

"You two seem very close." Savannah points out. I had to make something up. "We were always close." I lie.

A sound escapes Charlie's mouth like he doesn't believe me. "Bullshit. In the ten minutes you were here, I could see it." He explained.

I bit my lip to hide my smile. "I think you're just tired and hallucinating a little bit." I tease Charlie.

He squints his eyes as he looks at me. "I'm going to figure out what happened to you and my best friend on that trip." I couldn't help but laugh.

"Have fun trying." I get up from the couch and go to my suitcase. I take all my clothes out and put them in the washer.

I need to do my laundry. It'll help keep me stay up until I go into work at noon. Savannah left not too long after Owen went to bed.

"You know, you don't have to stay awake with me Charlie." I tell the brunette. He looks away from the tv and shrugs.

"I can't sleep anyway." He admits to me. I look at him worriedly as I put my things in the dryer. "Everything okay?" I ask.

He nods his head at first. And then shakes his head. "Can I ask your advice on something?" Once I start the dryer, I go sit next to him.

"What's up, buddy?" I ask. He sits there for a second, and doesn't say anything.