nineteen

"Why are you getting home so late, Tate?" My dad sternly asked.

I had just walked in from a party. I rolled my eyes as I groan. "It's not your business." I groan.

He gets up from the couch and follows me to the hallway. "Don't talk to me like that in this house!" My dad yelled.

I turned to look at him. "You've been at a party haven't you?" He asked crossing his arms.

"Yeah, so what?" I ask harshly. He shakes his head disappointedly.

"Your mother would be so proud." He spat in my face. My heart dropped when he said that.

He knows that always upsets me. "Yeah, mums so fucking proud." I spat in his face.

I tried to move past him to my room but he quickly moved in front of me.

"Get the fuck off of me!" I yell. He doesn't budge. So I take the picture that's on the wall and throw it on the ground, glass shattering.

He immediately backs up as I grab a blade of glass. "Back the fuck up." I tell my dad as he listens.

"Let me out of this fucking house." I walk towards my dad with the piece of glass.

I quickly sit up out of breath. I was drenched in sweat.

"Tate, you're okay." Owen sat up along with me and wrapped his arms around me.

I try to catch my breath as he holds me. "It's just a bad dream." He softly tells me. I shake my head as he rubs my back.

"It wasn't a bad dream. It was a memory." I look over at the time.

Seven in the morning. I groan as I look around. I need to start packing. Our flight is at ten am.

"I need to pack." I try to get out of bed, but Owen grabs my arm.

I turn to look at him. "Maya and I packed for you already. We did it when you fell asleep." I sigh.

"What about you? Don't you need to pack." I ask. He pointed towards his bag.

"Charlie packed for me too." That made me feel a little better.

I sigh as I lay my head on his shoulder. I don't wanna go back to sleep.

Someone opened the door and it was Ryan. He looked exhausted.

"We better start heading out soon. Abbys on her way." I nodded as I sighed. I didn't want to go.

This is a fifteen hour flight. It'll be ten o'clock Los Angeles time when we leave. Three am Sydney time.

It'll be one am when we land Los Angeles time, six pm Sydney time.

I get up so I can make coffee. In the living room, Charlie and Maya were on the couch.

I start making the coffee as they watch me. It's like they were waiting for me to break.

To snap and fall apart. Like I did last night. "You don't have to look at me like that, I'm okay." I tell them.

They look at each other and then look at me. "We're just worried and we care." Charlie spoke softly.

I just shrug as I lean against the counter. "I'm fine, really. It's not like I liked the guy anyway." I cross my arms.

They look at each other and sigh. Abby came in with a big and looked at everyone.

I quickly drank my coffee and grabbed my bag. Apparently, Charlie is driving us.