eighteen

Today was a long day at work. There was apparently a big UFC fight that everyone wanted to watch.

I was supposed to work in the afternoon but they needed me earlier. I went in at noon and didn't get off until after midnight.

I was exhausted. I went to my apartment and went to my room. Owen was sitting there on my bed.

Shit, I forgot that I invited him earlier. "Fuck. I was so busy, I forgot. I really hope you haven't been waiting long." I rant.

Owen rushed over to me and sushed me. "No wukka's, remember? I know you worked late so it's okay." He assured me.

I wrap my arms around him and melt into his chest. "You're amazing, baby." That's the one thing I like about Owen.

He understands if I'm late or busy. I remember my ex from high school, Tyler, would always get upset if I forgot something happened.

But Owen understands. "I need to change." I tell him as he pulls away. "I'll go get you a drink." He kisses my forehead and leaves.

I quickly change into his hoodie and sweats that I stole. I let my hair down releasing all the tension.

I climb back on my bed, trying to not fall asleep. Owen comes back a second later with a drink. "You're the best."

I take a sip of the water and lay back down. "You tired?" I nodded my head into the pillow.

"Get some rest." That was the last thing I heard. I slept good that night too. No interruptions, no nightmares, just perfect.  

I woke up the next morning to laughter. I look around to see I was alone. I stretch and look around.

The laughter erupted again so I got up and went into the living room. Charlie, Maya, Owen, and Savannah were in there.

Owen looked over to see I was finally awake. A smile grew on his face. It made Charlie look over and smiled.

"Damn, look at who's awake." Charlie teased. I flipped him off as I go sit next to Owen.

As he sits next to me, he wraps his arm around me, pulling me closer to him.

"I didn't know you guys were coming." I speak up to everyone. "Yeah, Maya suggested it." I look over at my best friend.

She had a smug look on her face. "Why don't tell you tell her, Maya." Charlie nudged her.

"I figured we could go to Disney Land today." Now I'm excited. But then I looked around.

"There's five of us so that means someones sitting alone." I point out. Owen smiled at me as there was a knock on the door.

"Jeremy is here." So I guess it's going to be the six of us. I got up so I could change and get ready.

I put on a white shirt with jean shorts. I throw on camouflaged jacket that puts the outfit together.

I put on vans and quickly put on my make up and do my hair. Once done, we all go to Disney Land.

I was very excited. In the two years I've been here, I've never been to Disney. So I feel like I'll be a kid on Christmas.

When we get to the parking lot, my eyes are glued to everything. Especially the big ferris wheel.

It took us about thirty minutes to get our tickets and get inside the park.

My face lit up whenever I saw the castle. "Have you never been here?" Owen asked teasingly.

"No. Is it noticeable?" I ask with a hint of laughter. "Very, but it's very cute." He flirts. As we walk to the castle, he laced our fingers together.