seven

It's been a week since the cruise and I've talked to Owen everyday on the phone.

Later that day when we left, he flew to Oklahoma to visit his family.

I've heard him talk about his family and how much he loves them. It's sweet how close he is with them.

I always wish I was that close with my family. Especially my dad.

I push away my thoughts as I finish getting ready. I was going out with Abby and Ryan.

Maya wanted to but she had to work and couldn't come with us sadly.

She works at a small cafe and she enjoys it a lot. She's saving up so she can get into college to become an engineer.

She's super smart about all that shit. A lot smarter than she looks half of the time.

I haven't really thought much about my profession. But I'm currently waitressing at a Buffalo Wild Wings.

I look through my closet to try to find an outfit while Ryan and Abby drive to come get me.

Ryan offered to drive so I didn't mind. I picked out some skinny jeans with a white t-shirt with a red flannel.

I put on a necklace that goes with the outfit. When I got done doing my hair, Ryan texted me to tell me he's here.

I grab my things and go down to the car. I get in the back as I smile at the two.

"I was thinking we could go the cafe Maya works at so we can see her too." Ryan suggested as I agreed.

"Sounds good. After we eat, what are we doing?" I had no other plans today.

So I was down for anything. "I need some new clothes so I was wondering if you want to go shopping." Abby spoke up.

I've always loved Abby. She's always treated me like family. She's like the sister I never had.

She's in college for fashion and in her final year. "I could go shopping." I smile at her.

Most people would hate hanging out with their brother and his girlfriend. But I honestly loved it.

I liked seeing them together. As Ryan drove, he had one hand on the wheel, the other holding Abby's hand.

It took us awhile to learn how to drive knowing everything is switched. But after a few months, it was normal to us.

I think the hardest part of moving to Australia to the states was the change of seasons.

I was used to June, July, and August being cold winter months and December, January, and February being summer.

When we get to the cafe, we all pile out of the car and head inside.

We scanned the area for Maya. And when she saw us, she smiled.

She pointed to a table so I guess she was working the table. We all walk over and sat down.

We come here a lot so we already knew what we wanted. I sat next to Ryan and Abby sat across from us.

After a minute, Maya walks over to us. "Do you want the usual?" She asked as we nodded.

"I can't get over how cute you look in your uniform." I tease her knowing how much she hates it.

She secretly flips me off so she doesn't get caught and get in trouble.

"You're lucky I can't call you names right now." She joked.

We all chuckled a little bit. She couldn't talk for long since she had to grab our drinks.