Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Force to Marry

Prince Henry and Jane

The ball was going to be tomorrow. Henry did not care, but he got his suit. Jane was scared because she did not know how to act in a ball. A lot of rich educated people were coming to the ball. Jane did not want to embarrass Prince Henry. Prince Henry was not worried about Jane embarrassing him. Prince Henry loves Jane. Queen Katherine was getting ready for tomorrow. King Victor does not speak to Queen Katherine or Prince Henry. The kingdom loves Prince Henry a lot better than King Victor.

King Victor could not stop thinking about Jane. King Victor has to have Jane as a wife and he has to get rid of Prince Henry. King Victor hates that the kingdom loves Prince Henry a lot better. King Victor did not like when his father married Queen Katherine. Queen Katherine was having dinner with Prince Henry and Jane. King Victor was having dinner in his room because he did not want to be around Queen Katherine or Prince Henry.

The next day was the ball. Queen Katherine got ready. Jane put the dress Queen Katherine gave her on. Prince Henry got ready too. Prince Henry walks Jane to the ballroom and not many people are at the ball yet. It was still early. King Victor was not there. The cooks have put the food out. The band was already there. Prince Henry, Jane, and his mother went to sit down. Later, people start showing up. King Victor walks into the ballroom. Prince Henry noticed that King Victor was by himself. Prince Henry was wondering where his date was. King Victor told the kingdom that he had an announcement to make. The people stop dancing to hear the announcement. "I have chosen a wife and the woman I am planning on marrying is Jane Ross," King Victor replied. "WHAT!" Prince Henry yells angrily. The guards drag Prince Henry out of the room. The guards put Prince Henry into a prison cell. After the party, King Victor went to visit Prince Henry. "If you do not leave the kingdom you and your mother will spend the rest of your lives in this cell!" King Victor replied angrily. "You are a monster! I will leave!" Prince Henry replied angrily.

Jackie

The next day Jackie was at the library. Mark and Sam were in town. Mark walks up to Jackie. "Hello Jackie, my name is Mark Hatching," Mark introduces himself. "Hello, Mark. Are you afraid that your uncle would be angry with you for talking to me?" Jackie asks. "I do not care what my uncle thinks!" Mark replied angrily. "The townspeople have been saying that your uncle is the meanest man in town," Jackie replied. "I am not afraid of my uncle. Do you have any plans?" Mark asks. "I do not have any plans," Jackie replied. "I was wondering if you would like to have dinner with me tomorrow night?" Mark asks. "I would love to," Jackie replied happily. Later, Jackie went home to tell her mom. Emma was happy for her daughter. Jackie got a new dress to wear on the date. Mark was happy. Mark was madly in love with Jackie and he wanted to marry her.