Chapter 71

"Well, you really suck at goodbyes, you know that?"

~STULL CEMETERY – DAY~

Lucifer in Sam's body stand's in the cemetery waiting for Michael who is in Skye's body. Lucifer turns as he hears the sound of wings and smirks as he sees Michael. "It's good to see you, Michael." Lucifer says but in Sam's voice. "You too. It's been too long. Can you believe it's finally here?" Skye smirks, putting her arms out as she looks around but Michael is controlling her every movements.

"No. Not really." Lucifer shakes his head. "Are you ready?" Michael asks, crossing Skye's arms. "As I'll ever be. A part of me wishes we didn't have to do this." Lucifer sighs. "Yeah. Me too." Michael sighs.

What they didn't know it was Sam and Skye making them feel that way. They wanted out. They don't want fight one another but what could they do? They are trapped in their own bodies having someone else control them.

"Then why are we?" Lucifer asks. "Oh, you know why! I have no choice, after what you did." Michael points to him. "What I did? What if it's not my fault?" Lucifer defends himself. "What is that supposed to mean?" Michael scoffs. "Think about it. Dad made everything. Which means he made me who I am! God wanted the Devil." Lucifer says.

"So?" Michael laughs. "So why? And why make us fight? I just can't figure out the point." Lucifer says honestly. "What's your point?" Michael rolls her eyes. "We're going to kill each other. And for what? One of Dad's tests. And we don't even know the answer. We're brothers. Let's just walk off the chessboard." Lucifer says to him.

"I'm sorry. I can't do that. I'm a good son, and I have my orders." Michael says firmly. "But you don't have to follow them." Lucifer scoffs. "What, you think I'm gonna rebel? Now? I'm not like you." Michael growls.

"Please, Michael..." "You know, you haven't changed a bit, little brother. Always blaming everybody but yourself. We were together. We were happy. But you betrayed me...all of us...and you made our father leave." Michael says to him.

"No one makes Dad do anything. He is doing this to us." Lucifer snarls. "You're a monster, Lucifer. And I have to kill you." Michael says. "If that's the way it's got to be...Then I'd like to see you try." Lucifer laughs as they slowly circle one another but freeze when they hear the sound of a car engine.

Dean pulls up in the Impala, close to Lucifer and Michael. He shuts the car off and gets out. "Howdy. Sorry for interrupting but we need to talk." Dean says as he slams the car door, walking over to them.

"Dean. Even for you, this is a whole new mountain of stupid." Michael scoffs. "I'm not talking to you or Lucifer. I'm talking to Skye and Sam." Dean growls. "You got no right to be here." Lucifer says. "Skye, if you're in there somewhere, I am so so sorry." Dean says looking into her eyes but he only sees glowing dark blue eyes, not her light sky blue eyes that he loves.

"Skye isn't home right now." Michael smirks at him. "Just five minutes to talk to them please." Dean says. "You little maggot. You aren't part of this story!" Lucifer yells at him. "Skye, Sam...please can you guys hear me." Dean begs. "You know...we are trying to be nice for Skye and Sammy's sake. But you...are such a pain...in our asses." Lucifer growls and throws Dean onto the windshield of the Impala, which shatters on impact.

Adam gets out of the Impala with a shotgun he found in the back and shoots Lucifer, then Michael, who glares and walks over Punching him in the face hard. "Leave him alone! He's just a kid!" Dean yells as Adam falls back against the Impala, spitting blood. "Skye? Are you in there?" Adam groans. "Oh, she's in there, all right." Michael says.

Lucifer walks over to Dean, grabbing him by the neck and holding him up. "Sammy is gonna feel the snap of your neck." Lucifer chuckles. "But maybe I should take my time." Lucifer adds with a sinister smile. "Guys, it's okay. It's okay. Adam and I are here. We are here. We aren't gonna leave you." Dean's voice breaks as he looks at them both. "We aren't gonna leave you." Adam says.

Skye fights within her body against Michael as Sam takes deep breathes. What Dean didn't know is that Lucifer had left Sam's body and went into Adam's. Sam lets go of Dean and Skye backs away from Adam. "It's okay, Dean. We are gonna be okay. We got them." Skye smiles, looking at Dean as Sam takes out the horsemen's rings and tosses them on the ground.

"Bytmon tabges babalon." Sam recites as the ground caves in around the rings, air starts being sucked into the hole. Skye and Dean look at each other and then Dean looks over at Sam who turns and looks back at him. "It's not gonna end this way! Step back! It's my destiny to fight my brother!" Lucifer yells from within Adam as he gets up, running towards her, Skye quickly shoves Sam towards Dean just before Lucifer tackles Skye, causing her to lose her balance making them both fall in. 

"No!!!!!!!" Dean and Sam yell as the hole closes up before either could reach it. Dean falls to his knees crying as Cas appears in front of him and touches his forehead, healing Dean's wounds.

"What are you gonna do now?" Sam asks Cas. "Return to Heaven, I suppose." Cas says. "Heaven?" Dean asks as he gets up with some help from Sam. "With Michael in the cage, I'm sure it's total anarchy up there." Cas sighs. "So, what, you're the new sheriff in town?" Sam asks making Cas smile. "I like that. Yeah. I suppose I am."

"Wow. We sacrifice the people we care about and God makes you his bitch again as a reward." Dean scoffs as he wipes away his tears in anger. "I don't know what God wants. I don't know if he'll even return. It just...seems like the right thing to do." Cas says sadly. "Well, if you do see him, you tell him I'm coming for him next." Dean growls. "You're angry." Cas states. "That's an understatement." Dean scoffs.

"He helped. Maybe even more than we realize." Cas says. "That's easy for you to say. What about Skye and Adam? What about me and Sam, huh? Where's our grand prize? Where's their's? All I got is the woman I LOVE IN A HOLE!!" Dean yells in complete and utter rage.

"You got what you asked for, Dean. No paradise. No hell. Just more of the same. I mean it, Dean. What would you rather have? Peace or freedom?" Cas asks him before he disappears back to heaven.

"Well, you really suck at goodbyes, you know that?" Dean says as he goes to his car, slamming the door shut after he gets in and hits the wheel in anger before gripping it in his hands and resting his forehead against it as he cries. Sam leans against the passenger side of the Impala, letting his older brother be alone for him to grieve over Skye...A tear falls from Sam's eye...he lost a sister today.