Chapter Five

My arms flew to my chest, covering everything from sight. I whirled around and crouched down behind the boulder. Who was that? I peeked over the top of the boulder and noticed the male was still across the lake, but now he had crouched down behind the tree, with only his foot visible. With his back turned. I took this as my chance. I sprinted over to where my clothes were drying, about 10 feet away. I snatched them off the rock then I spun around and ducked back down behind the boulder.

I quickly put on my underwear, then pulled on my pants and shirt. I glanced back over to the tree he was hiding at. It was empty. I scanned the area surrounding the tree. I didn't see him anywhere.

I rushed back over to my campsite and grabbed the only thing I had. Once my dagger was successfully sheathed to my thigh, I searched the area one last time for anything that might be useful. Determining that there was nothing left, I decided that now was the time to leave.

I was ready to break into a run as I turned around and -

Came face to face with the male.

Our eyes widened at the same time, then his quickly tightened in pain as I punched him in the stomach - hard.

I stumbled back 3 steps before turning on my heel and raising my wings as I prepared to shoot into the sky. I crouched down, but before I could leave I felt the males hand latch onto my wrist.

"Wait."

It was just one word, but I could feel the command and dominance radiating from him. His deep, silky voice wrapped itself around my brain and - rather stupidly - I stopped.

I noted that his hand was still touching my wrist and it sent a tingly feeling all through me. Gods what's wrong with me? This pervert was literally just watching while I was naked. I shook out of my daze and reminded myself that I was trying to escape.

I relaxed my body, trying to convince the stranger that I had given up on fighting him.

It worked.

His grip loosened just a fraction - but that was all I needed. I yanked my arm back and just as I expected, he tightened his grip and stepped forward. I swept my foot underneath him and he fell with a grunt. I then placed my knee on top of his chest, preventing him from moving.

"Who are you?" I seethed.

I stared down at him, watching his beautiful crystal blue eyes swivel back and forth.

"There's no way out." I told him. "Not until you answer my questions."

He really looked at me then. Our eyes locking once more. His tanned skin was aglow in this early afternoon light. His white hair was just begging me to run my fingers through it. Stop it. Just stop. I ordered myself. Of course I was attracted to the first male I saw outside the dome - I mean after years with only Cassian's face, it was nice to see something new. It definitely wasn't because of his drop dead gorgeous eyes or the gentle curve of his lips or the enormous muscles I could see peeking through his shirt.

"That's where you're wrong darling." He said, startling me.

I raised an eyebrow. "Oh really?"

"There's always a way out."

Faster than I could blink, he grabbed my arms and flipped me over his head. The air wooshed out of me before I knew it, he was on top of me. He firmly planted his hands on my wrists, and locked his legs around either side of my stomach.

What. just. happened.

He lowered his head down next to the side of my face. The feeling of his breath against the arch of my ear made me shiver - but not necessarily in a bad way.