4.

Shanell
1 hour later

"Shanny!" I heard my best friend, Bianca, calling as I walked into the building with an attitude.

"Bitch, you're late."

"I know, I know." I waved to her annoyed as I made my way around to the computers so I could clock-in before going to see my first client for the day.

"Oop."

"What's wrong with you?" She asked with raised eyebrows, noticing my standoffish attitude and I gave her a look before she tooted her lips.

"Cain?" She asked and I rolled my eyes hard at the sound of his name.

"Oh lord. What the hell did he do now?"

"Right. What did my brother do now?" I heard another voice say, coming around the corner and into view and I shook my head as I clocked in.

"What doesn't he do?" Was all I could say to them and they both laughed, making me do the same.

"Hey, Lima." I then spoke to Halima too as she leaned up onto the desk and they both stood there looking directly at me.

"Hey, Shanny."

"What happened now?" She went on asking about her stupid brother but she already knew.

She was his younger sister and we were the same age. They were really close but so were we. She'd been there for me even through the worst times with Cain plus she was a great aunt to Mya.

So I could always trust her.

Same with Bi, we'd been best friends since kids so these were the only two girls I'd ever tell anything to.

"Nothing." I brushed it off, not even wanting to talk about it further.

I wanted to have a better more than the way it had already started so I was going to try and stay positive for the rest of it.

"I'm just tired y'all." Was all I said, speaking defeatedly and they looked at me with sympathetic eyes.

"But you know how that's goes.."

"Plus Mya has been kicking my ass lately." I admitted truthfully, considering my baby was three years old now, going on four and though I loved her, she was a lot of work.

"I know, I heard. I went over my mama's house last night to see her. She said y'all had a long talk when you dropped her off." Lima said and I nodded, taking a seat just for a few moments.

I really needed to.

"We was all over there though and Cain and Lante came in at like 2 in the morning with blood all over their shoes, asking for Mya and my mama ended up kicking them both out." She went on explaining, talking about Cain and their other brother, Delante.

"Wait, what?" Bi and I spat at the same time, not knowing anything about this and she nodded her head as Bianca shook hers.

"Yeah. They came to her house at like 2am with blood on their shoes, talking about it was business then asked for Mya." She went on explaining.

"Hold on. Did she see them?" I asked panicking now but she instantly calmed me down.

"No."

"My mama had already put her to sleep but Cain called himself getting upset because she wasn't giving him his daughter."

"Talking about he's a grown ass man and that's his child."

"So she eventually abided but she made him clean hisself off before she gave Mya to him."