12.

Cain
1 week later

"Where are you going?" I heard BG whining for me from the bed as I tried stepping out the room for a second but she wasn't having it.

"I ain't gon' nowhere, baby."

"Just let me smoke this blunt right quick." I told her, watching as she pouted and I chuckled to myself.

Making my way down the hall, I ducked off into my daughter's new room, watching as she slept. I stood there for a while, embracing the shit I could do for her now.

She had her own room in this big ass crib that I could call mine now and that shit really felt like everything to a nigga.

Breaking away from my thoughts, I walked toward the big ass staircase before making my way down toward the living room so I could smoke a blunt real quick.

It'd been a long ass week, trying to get back in babygirl's good graces. Shit, I knew I was fucked up for spazzing out on her over them condoms a week ago and all I wanted to do now was make shit right.

I had enough money to do the shit she wanted me to do and that was lay low in this big ass crib on the hills where nobody could find us, so I was doing exactly that even though I didn't know how long this shit would last.

Money didn't last forever. No matter how much you had. I still had bills to pay.

I can't lie though, I hadn't seen BG be this clingy with me in a long ass time. I mean, a nigga wasn't complaining about it but that shit just felt so sudden.

It really had my mind wandering and I was starting to get suspicious.

Plopping down on the couch, I patted my pockets for my wrap before I grabbed my bag a weed then my lighter. While I did, my brother and the homies crossed my mind and I realized I'd been so deep into this family shit, being a family man, I hadn't spoken to them in a minute.

Since last week as a matter of fact.

Them niggas ain't been calling me and I ain't even have the time to call them.

"Damn." I stressed, looking through my messages, seeing I had none recently from them niggas.

I made a mental note to check up on them later to make sure everything was cool before I started rolling my blunt. And as soon as I did, I could hear footsteps coming my way and I sighed deeply before chuckling to myself.

"I heard you just sigh, what are you tired of me or something?" BG asked while I smirked to myself, looking up at her as she walked into the living room.

"Nah." I smirked, licking my lips.

"I could never get tired of you, baby." I told her, though in the back of my mind I was. She was getting on my fucking nerves but in a good way.

I ain't mind this at all.

"Who were you texting?" She went on asking as she sat down in my lap while I licked the blunt, sealing it.

"Nobody. I was just checkin' on sum'." I told her, shrugging it off and she tooted her lips up at me like she ain't believe me.

"Real shit, whatchu' think I'm lying or sum'?" I asked her and she just looked at me unfazed.

"Here."

"Take that shit." I dropped the unlocked phone into her lap as she smiled small.

"Real shit, go through it."

"I ont' be talking to nobody, especially not these lil' chicken heads if that's what you thinking."

"A nigga ain't never have time to be, you know me."