Chapter 37

Remington had announced to the castle staff and his royal peers that he would be taking a temporary leave of absence to spend a proper honeymoon with me. While most found it inconvenient, they gave their support in hopes I would be pregnant when we returned. At this point, I don't care when I might be carrying a child because I realized things will come in their own time and cannot be rushed. The ones I've been growing close to, including Sophia and Sloane, had given me their best wishes for a safe and memorable honeymoon with the husband I've come to love more than anything. The morning before we prepared to leave, my mother came to me and handed me a gift. I opened it to find it was a warm and beautiful scarf she knitted for me and she told me that maybe one day, I'll be able to pass it down to my children. I tears up as I thanked my mother and hugged her goodbye.

As soon as I was ready and everything was packed for our honeymoon, I made my way to the castle entrance where Remington was waiting for me by the carriage outside. The carriage would take us to the nearest port where we'd board a ship to the island Remington purchased for me on my birthday. I met with Remington and he smiled at me as he took my hand and kissed it sweetly, my cheeks slightly turning red as I smiled back. "Are you ready, my princess?", he asked me, though I was a bit nervous to do something great like take this vacation for ourselves, I remembered how blessed I am with him by my side as I replied with, "Yes, Remington. With you, I'm ready for anything." He grinned at me before he leaned in to plant a soft kiss on my lips and then he helped me to enter the carriage first as he followed after. He instructed the driver to go forward and as we we did, I could see everyone working for us in the castle and my mother waving at us with smiles on their faces. It warmed my heart to see that so many people care about Remington and I, I almost felt unworthy.

Once we got to the port, a ship was waiting to take us to the island which lasted for almost a day. By the time it was the next morning, I awoke to the astounding sight of the gorgeous and vibrant island we would be staying in. Never in a million centuries would I have ever imagined I would get this for myself. I was raised to appreciate what I was given and to want for nothing, so even though this might be a little overwhelming for me, I could never be ungrateful to my loving husband for doing his best to make me happy. As we finally arrived on the island, Remington held my hand as he led me to where our home would be while we were here. Just passing through this place was already amazing as I got to see the beautiful flora and fauna growing on this island, and there was even a cultural city here with so many spirited inhabitants. They seemed to know who we are as they bowed and showed respect to Remington and I before we went along our way and waved respectfully.

After what felt like forever, we finally reached our destination as Remington presented to me the large house we'd be staying in for our honeymoon. It was so perfect because it wasn't too flashy or fancy. It looked like a simple house that resided on a hill and seemed to overlook the land. "Oh, Remington", I said softly as I continued to admire it from the outside, "It's absolutely beautiful. I couldn't have asked for anything better." He smiled at my words and kissed my temple sweetly before leading me inside of our vacation home. It looked so comfortable and decent on the inside, It almost felt like living in my old mother's home if it were a bit bigger. Before I could step any further to see more of our home, Remington swept me off my feet by lifting me into his arms and carrying me upstairs to our bedroom. As we entered, I noticed there was a balcony and as he lead us to it where he put me back on my feet, I felt my breath being taken away as I got to see the entire land shimmering in the dazzling sunset sweeping over it all.

"Well, Lulu...", Remington asked me as he wrapped one arm around my waist, "Is all this to your liking?" As I looked up at him to give him and answer to his question, I ended up losing myself in those beautiful brown eyes of his again and my smile grew bigger as I replied with, "It always is as long as you're by my side, my love." Remington looked taken back by the sweet words I called him, and ended up carrying me again to take me to our bed where he laid me down and just looked at me. "You are quite literally the most precious angel to walk on this Earth", he said to me as continued to admire my features, "and I feel like I don't deserve you yet I try to be deserving of you." I placed my palm over his soft and warm cheek as I told him, "You do more than enough, Remington. I can't imagine anyone else as my husband and I want to always stay with you, no matter what. I love you so much!" He grinned at me before pressing his lips onto mine and then pulled away to whisper, "I love you too, my precious princess..."