Chapter 2 - Beginning: Reigen

Arataka Reigen's office was cosy and it felt nice, which Shigeo liked, even though he didn't realise why he found it so soothing. It had three rooms – the hallway, in which there was a table for the receptionist who they talked to while appointing the therapy session, another small corridor, that was the waiting area with a sofa and two armpits and the closed door behind which Shigeo assumed was the proper therapy room. It also had a toilet and a small kitchen, of course.

Teru and he were sitting in the waiting room of a psychology doctor again and Shigeo felt scared again, but this time, it was better for him and Teruki seemed to acknowledge that. His face expression was calmer and he was even smiling what made Kageyama happy for some reason. Well, the brunet was still a bit afraid – after all, he was to talk to a stranger any minute from now. But when they set the therapy date three days ago, Teru promised him he would wait in the office and that Shigeo could come out to him any moment he wanted if it was too uncomfortable to bear.

They both hoped it wouldn't be, of course. But since they couldn't be sure, they had to agree on some compromise.

They sat on the sofa, close to each other and holding hands. The only other person in the room was an older man who was reading a newspaper and raising his head from time to time to look at the door.

After a few more minutes it opened and a young, happy girl, probably around the age of twelve, busted out of the room with a big smile on her face. She immediately hugged the elder and started talking loudly about the things she learned with "the master" today.

Shigeo blinked at this situation, not quite understanding what was happening until he heard a joyful chuckle next to him and looked up only to see a man in a suit. Mr Reigen, he thought.

"Good afternoon, Mr Kageyama. Please, don't mind this little girl. It's one of my patients, The Toys System. Claire, who I believe is fronting right now, is a very lively individual." He smiled, watching the 12-year-old leave his office while bubbling to her grandfather. Shigeo and Teru stood up to treat Reigen respectfully.

"And she calls you her master?" Teru asked, in quite a disbelief. He understood that the therapist was probably a very important figure in the young girl's life but the title she named him seemed a little too much for him.

Reigen smiled again.

"Yes. Actually, most of my patients do" He admitted and then gave Shigeo a look. Tilting his head and letting out a sound of pondering, he continued speaking. "I'm sorry for being disrespectful. I hope it is you who's out now, Mr Kageyama. I haven't even asked about the name of yours. What are you called? I mean, you all as a system."

Shigeo blinked. A system name? He didn't have any, because he never gave it a thought.

The fact that this therapist asked about it right away, even before inviting him to his office, was somehow really nice to him. It was gentle and swell. Kageyama liked it – it was extremely sweet of Reigen that he cared about such things. It proved he knew what he was doing and that he had a lot of experience. He gave Shigeo a nice vibe and he appreciated it.

It made him feel Reigen really deserved to be called his patients' master.

"I-" Shigeo started, before being interrupted by Teru.

"He doesn't have any. We only found out four days ago and it is still a very hard situation to-"

"Mob System" Shigeo said, stopping Teru. The blond looked at his boyfriend with surprise in his eyes. "We're The Mob System. And, ugh, yes, I'm... fronting right now. Shigeo Kageyama, that is."

Reigen clapped his hands.

"Amazing! Then, Shigeo, would you please come in?" He asked, stepping back and showing his therapy room with his hand. Shigeo smiled slightly, promised Teru that he won't be long and got in the room with the therapist, closing the door behind them.