Chapter 13 - Alters: Dimple

Shigeo expected this Wednesday to be like every other. He thought that he would wake up in the morning, close to Teru, feeling his partner's warmth, get up, eat breakfast, as usual, then head to work in order to do his daily tasks and, eventually, visit Reigen in the Therapy And Such office. Moreover, he didn't even think that the session of this week would be any difficult. The past seven days have been quite calm and normal for him - of course, if one can call any day in a body of a system normal. Negative managed to leave the front sometime during the weekend, what seemed to calm him down a lot as well. The protector didn't really enjoy being frontstuck, so he was glad to be able to leave it again, when the moment of this possibility finally came after long, tiring days. Of course, he was fronting after this event, on Monday and then came closer yesterday, staying co-conscious with Shigeo, but he was fortunately able to go away to the inner world any moment.

So the host didn't expect anything else from today - just the normal day to go on, maybe with a few switches, maybe not. To be honest, he got used to the idea of switching by now. It wasn't that it happened everyday, but they still didn't have a gatekeeper responsible for controlling the frequency of the switches. Therefore it was still a little chaotic. Now, however, they also built some system communication, making it easier for them to pass information and keep up with the data from outside the system. After all, they had a life to live.

Shigeo switched the computer on again after the lunch break that he took. It always took place in the early afternoon, when there were least clients entering the gym that the system worked at.

He sighed and placed a cup of tea on the other side of the desk, not near enough to cause any harm but still in his reach as he was working at the computer. Shigeo was preparing to spend another few dule hours at work before leaving to attend therapy. It was a day like every other but he didn't feel necessarily bored. Or maybe it was just his attitude? Kageyama always tried to look on the positive sides of all things, so even on a day like this, he preferred to just smile and do what he was supposed to do.

He assumed that 100% Negative wouldn't be able to enjoy something like this anyhow. That thought made Shigeo smile a bit. He took the mug of tea in his hands to take a sip.

Suddenly, he heard someone clearing their throat.

"Excuse me?!" The person in front of him said, angerly. Shigeo almost dropped his cup as his body tensed and his heart bumped faster with fear. Why was he always getting so shaky whenever someone raised their voice?

Having put the cup again at its destination, Shigeo turned to the client and smiled nervously.

"Good afternoon" He said to a middle aged lady that stood in front of him. She was holding hands with a kid, perhaps around the age of 12, who looked almost as angry as his mother (or at least so assumed Shigeo). The woman seemed tired and irritated. Shigeo felt some sweat under his fringe. "How can I help you?" He asked.

The woman huffed and dropped the kid's hand. The boy whined and pouted.

"I have been waiting here for so much time, because of you! Do you think I don't have a job or my own business to do?!" The woman scolded, crossing her arms and exhaling heavily. Shigeo played with his hands nervously under the desk. "This gym is so unprofessional, what is it that a woman has to wait for..."

She kept talking, but Shigeo didn't hear. It's not like he didn't listen, of course. He tried to focus on the lady and her words but the view of her got blurrier and blurrier, eventually changing into a silhouette only, just to disappear completely in a minute. Shigeo felt that he switched out. Well, that was certainly not planned.

The one alter that took the front after the host left it, happened to be 100% Negative. He quickly adjusted to the body and the environment around him. Apparently, they were at work and it was Wednesday, what didn't surprise him at all. He faced an angry woman in front of the reception, trying hard not to frown as he observed her. She was so furious about something but her critique didn't make any sense. 100% Negative decided that it truly wasn't the best thing to start fronting to. He already hated the lady in front of him.