Chapter 5

Hayes' P.O.V

"You're so stupid."

I looked at him while he was lecturing me. I got used to this ever since I fell for Sam. He didn't want me to. I didn't want to either.

"It wasn't a choice. If it was, I should've moved on sooner. You don't know how I feel anyway."

"No. You always had a choice, and you chose to be hurt. You could've just told her centuries ago that you were inlove with her. But you didn't. What are you expecting? That someday she'll realize that you're the one for her and she shouldn't be with Gabriel? Fuck off, man. Think about that. You love her, she doesn't love you. Where is this stupid attraction or might as well be love of yours lead to? Nowhere. Sooner or later, you'll have to move on and accept that she's not for you."

"I never had thoughts of falling out of love with her. Sam is my bestfriend, I will always love her."

"If you didn't meet her, you'd probably be happy with someone else right now."

"No.", I defended. "Never put the blame on her because I'm the one who fell. It's not like it's her fault. I just-"

"What"

"I just fell in love with her and I knew that it would cost me so much pain but it didn't stop me from doing so."

Zach had a shallow point of view and a single perspective. Whatever he thinks of, he says is the truth. He never listens to me. He would understand me if he thought about this thoroughly.

I get his point. It's just that..

He just never saw Sam the way I did. She was indeed different. Like in my world of black and white, she's the only thing that was gray. To him, she's just another fish in the sea, or perhaps just another girl in the crowd. But for me, she is the only one I see. No matter how many girls surround me on each side, it's still her. She is my only one, and quite possibly my everything.

"Ughh" he sighed "Whatever bro. I just met some cool gal last week. I'll introduce you to her."

I replied with a blank stare.

"Pleaaaaaase. Let's just give it a shot. If it doesn't work, then continue your shitty one-sided love affair with Sam.", he said, trying to beg me.

"I'll think about it."

"Come on, man! There's no harm in trying." He was convincing me and I didn't know how to response.

"Fucker. Don't be a cry baby. Just give her my number.", I said in my most uninterested tone.

He glared at me and gave me a smirk. He started walking away and went closer and closer to my door, opened it and raised his hand to signal his goodbye. Finally, he closed the door.

I pulled my laptop from my bag. Damn, tomorrow's foundation day. I opened it and typed my password. I opened skype and called dad.

"Hey!"

"Hi dad. How are you there in UK?" I said to look like I'm fine.

"I'm fine. I haven't heard from you for awhile. How are you?"

I just smiled at him. I knew I can't hold it back. It hurts. Not long enough, he noticed the suffering look in my eyes. His eyebrows met and he asked "Why lookin' so down? What happened?"

"Nothing uhm just busy with my school works, I guess.", I lied.

"Come on. It's about her again. Do you even have plans on telling her about how you feel?"

"Maybe. Soon.", I answered and faked a smile.

He knew I am not for her. I also know it myself. Half of me says I gotta go and forget about her but the other half tells me to wait because the pain would get paid off someday. I don't know what to do. I'm really confused right now.