Chapter 10

Hayes' P.O.V.

I slowly slurped my coffee and I felt the warmness drift down my throat. My friends were just conversing while I was busy trying to get signal.

"Come on here!", Brian called. "Ash doesn't miss you yet. You've been away from her like only 5 hours or less."

"Yeah. Chill out bro.", Jack approached me and patted my back.

"He probably forgot that this is only a stop-over.", Zach murmured.

I silently sat down on my seat. At my right is a glass wall. I looked through it and saw a lot of people walking around the airport doing their own various things.

"Hayes.", someone said my name.

"Hayes! Snap out of it!"

I looked at them realizing Mark just yelled at me.

"Are you okay?", he asked.

My phone suddenly rang.

I stood up and went outside to answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Hey. Just checkin on you."

"Oh. I'm fine. Don't worry about it. Miss me already?"

She laughed lightly. "Yeah. I really do miss you. How 'bout you?"

"I think I don't.", I joked.

"Ha ha. Funny." Sarcasm was the only thing I heard.

"Kidding. Of course I do. I wanna see you."

Boarding. Flight 2P7133F. Boarding. Flight 2P7133F.

"Hey isn't that your flight number?"

"Yeah. It is. I-i gotta go."

"Sure. Call me when you get there. Bye."

"Bye."

"Love you!!"

"I love you more."

I hang up.

It's funny how all of a sudden she remembers me. I mean she should because I'm a hundred miles away from her and I'm her bestfriend. But these past few days we haven't been talking. This is like the first time she called me after a week.

We left the cafe and prepared ourselves for another 20 hours or so.

"Hi, sir." The Japanese woman asked for my passport. I showed it and proceeded to the airplane.

We looked for our respective seats. I was in the middle of Brian and Zach whilst on the right side of the plane sat Mark by Jack's right and beside her left was some random blonde girl. I could guess that she's somewhat our age.

Jack looked at her. "Ouch!" Mark elbowed his gut. He raised his eyebrows at him and he gave him a mischievous smirk.

Those guys. They always have their stupid games.

This is gonna be a long trip, I thought. I reclined on my chair and closed my eyes.

Sam's P.O.V.

No doubt, he was surprised that I called him. I was too. Why Hayes? Right? I have hundreds of people on my contacts. Why him all of a sudden?

Duuuh Samantha he's your bestfriend. Probably the only person you can lean on at times like this.

Lol. Yeah. Didn't think of that.

Okay this is weird I'm talking to myself in my mind, again.

I let out a lengthy sigh.

"Don't fool yourself, Samantha. You called because you miss him.", I said to myself.

-

Looong looong day at school. Gab didn't go to school. All day I wondered where could he have been.

I sighed.

"Okay, Samantha." I looked at Francine, her eyes looking straight, not meeting mine. I liked it. It would prevent her from seeing the pain in my eyes. She blocked me with her arm to stop me from walking. I could tell that she's about to lecture me. "You like sighed ten plus plus plus plus times today. What's going on?"

"I realized I like sighing.", I answered and gave her a wry smile.

She looked at me too long to know I'm not telling the truth. She rolled her eyes at me with disbelief. "You're a terrible liar."

I am. I know. I wish I was a guy. Guys take all their feelings and bury them deep inside of themselves. But I'm not. It's totally different for me because I'm a girl. And when I feel things I can't pretend I don't.

"You wanna talk about it?"

I looked down and shook my head.

"I'm free tonight. Maybe I can swing by at your place and talk about it?"

I nodded.

"Great. See you at 9?"

"9:00 it is.", I agreed and gave her the fakest smile I could give.