Chapter 6

So I took my phone and texted her.

Me: Hey Ash.

She didn't reply at once. So I thought maybe she's busy.

-

It's dismissal time.

We all gathered and met each other in our meeting place.

"Where you guys wanna go?", Brian asked with an expression of boredom.

"Anywhere. Come on, Bri. Come with us.", Zach commanded.

We rode a taxi to the country's "eat street". If you'd like to have a pigout, Maginhawa Street is the place to be.

We tried all the kinds of foods. There were ice cream stores, milktea places, and different kinds of restaurants.

I had a great foodtrip with them all. Today was a blast. I actually forgot about Dad and Sam.

On the way home, I thanked them all.

"Thanks guys. I really had fun with you today."

"Yeah bro. You're always welcome. You know this is for you.", Jack said.

We got tired yet we enjoyed the night.

When I got home, I remembered to look at my phone to see if Ashley replied.

Unlocking my phone, it shown "Ash: 10 missed calls and 56 text messages."

I immediately called her back because she might be telling something important.

Ashley: "Hey"

Me: "Sorry, Ash. I had a night out with the squad."

Ashley: "No, it's fine."

Me: "Is there something you need to tell me? So important that you spammed me?"

Ashley: "No, actually. I just missed you."

She missed me. I've never heard that from a girl before. It makes me think of her sincerity to me. She might be taking this seriously. I don't want that. She'll just get hurt because I'd pointlessly choose Sam over her.

Me: "Oh."

We spent the whole midnight 'til morning, talking and getting to know each other even more.

3am. "Goodmornight, Ash", I said.

"Goodmorninght too, Hayes. :)

Talking with her made me feel different. For once, I felt really happy and loved at the same time. She wasn't Sam, and she wasn't supposed to make me feel this way.

I set the alarm at 6:30. I just have less than 4 hours to sleep.

I woke up next morning to the stupid sound of the alarm clock. Before I rised from my bed, I texted her.

"Goodmorning :)"

After that, I got ready for school. My car was still at Ashley's since I left it there the other day. I can't use it to school because I'm just a student driver, I'm not yet licensed 'til I reach 18. So, I'm leaving my car there probably until next weekend or until I decide to go to her house.

She texted back. "Goodmorning ;)"

It instantly lit up my face when I saw her name on my phone.

I called a taxi and rode it all the way to school.

On the way, I thought, I'm starting to feel happy with her around.

I finally reached school. Exactly 7:30.

I found Sam with Gabriel sitting on the benches near the gate.

"Hi Hayes!!", she said loudly as she waved at me.

I walked towards them. "Sup." I fist bumped Gab.

"I haven't been talking to you for a while, huh."

"Yeah"

She chuckled. It's nice to see her smile again. Oftenly, all I see from her face is sadness or rage. Seeing her happy with Gab breaks my heart but at the same time, it also makes me happy to see her happy.

I also thought to myself, I haven't been thinking about Sam that much since I have known Ash.

I showed them both a smile and slowly walked away. I knew I was smiling on the outside, but my heart is actually shattering in to a million pieces. What am I supposed to do than be happy for them.

I started to look for Jack since he's the only one from my squad who is also my classmate.

I found him at the canteen, with Diane, of course. They were just chatting.

"Jackkkkkkkk!", I whined.

"Whaaaaaat?" Jack was annoyed.

I signalled him to leave Diane and come with me instead.

He looked at me with a could-you-just-shut-the-fuck-up stare.

"Babe, I gotta go. See ya later", he whispered to her ear and kissed her on the cheek.

-

We left Metro Woods High and went to Mark's.

Mark is just so rich. Their mansion is soooooo enormous. I mean, we're also rich, we have our own business which my mom handles and we live in a gated community but Mark's house has an olympic-sized pool. His room is the size of two regular bedrooms. They also have a movie area in their house. They're just so fancy because Mr and Mrs Elizalde are the owners of a resort in Palawan, they own three branches of a famous fast food chain, and their properties are everywhere.

"I'm so fucking hungry I could eat each one of you."

When we got in, Brian ran to the fridge and shouted "FOOOOOD!"

"Calm down, you idiot!", Zach complained. "You tryin' to break our eardrums, bro?"

"Come on, it's like you're not yet used to Brian's attitude when he's hungry."

We all looked at him and watch him gobble up cookies like he hasn't eaten for a century.

"What?" Brian asked "I'm hungry."

He's always hungry.

My phone is beeping. Someone is calling.

"Hello?", I spoke.