Chapter 9

"Hey. I'm so so sorry." I expressed my regret with all sincerity.

"It's fine. You don't have to ask for pardon. I get it." She smiled to her ears. "I know how you love your dad so much. I love mine, too." Then she looked down for me not to see her face. I looked at her face still and I noticed how that smile slowly turned into a frown.

She misses her dad so much. But maybe he is really needed up there so God took him at an untimely moment.

I didn't speak. I just hugged her because I knew that's just what she needed.

It's almost evening, so I had to say goodbye.

"I'll miss you." I whispered at her ear and gave her a peck on the cheek.

"I'll miss you more." She replied.

I let go of her. I know this isn't goodbye yet and we'll see each other again very soon.

As I walked to my car, she shouted. "Wait!"

She ran to me, hugged me, and brushed her lips against mine.

"I'm sorry I had to do that. I'll really miss you."

It caused me to titter.

I sat down on the driver's seat and closed the door. I opened my window and waved at her one last time before I go. She waved back at me.

I stepped my foot on the gas.

-

I was parking and someone smashed my car real hard from the back.

What the-

"Hey broooo. You really thought we'd let you go alone?"

It was freaking Mark. And the whole squad was with him too. They're totally out of their mind.

"What the fuck are you guys doing here?", I said while unbuckling my seatbelt.

"We thought you needed company, so here we are.", Brian replied.

"Hey are those new kicks? Very nice.", Zach complemented.

We all looked at him knowing his comment is out of topic.

"What?", he said. "It's cool."

"You don't need to go with me, guys.", I contrasted.

"But we want to sooo pleaaaaase.", Mark insisted.

"Yeah bro. Mark didn't pay goddamning thousand bucks just for you to interrupt our plan to go with you, huh.", Jack supported.

"Okay fine. You can go with me."

We checked in and waited. Just 3 hours 'til boarding time.

Sam's P.O.V.

This moment in time is definitely stressing the shit out of me. It should've been better if only I had my projects done earlier. Not just that. Gabriel has been very odd and unorthodox these past few days. I don't know what's got into him. All I know is that all my problems are occuring now at an inopportune moment.

Get a hold of yourself, Samantha. Everything's gonna be alright.

I grabbed my phone and texted him. He doesn't text back that fast anymore and it's making me worry. I'm starting to look back on these last weeks before he's changed. I'm starting to ask myself what have I done that made him like that.

Because I'm that kind of person. I notice every change on anyone's tone. I notice everything I find unusual. Maybe I did something that hurt him, maybe he's hanging out with someone else right now.

Alright. Simmer down. I'm overthinking. Why would he do that? He loves me and I trust him enough that he wouldn't replace me. Maybe he's just busy. The Gabriel I know will give me his time if he has.

I opened my eyes. Oh, what time is it. I looked at the wall clock. The short arm was pointing at 12 and the long one was between 6 and 7. I have slept for quite some time. Maybe Gab isn't busy anymore.

I looked at my phone with it's fucking bright light that's hurting my eyes. It said 1 new message. Before I checked, I lowered the brightness.

I pressed the Messages button and I somewhat felt bad that I didn't get what I expected.

It was a text from Hayes.

Hayes: Now boarding. I'll miss you, piggy. Take care. Love you.

It lit my face up instantly.

But of course, I'm still troubled by not receiving a text nor a call from my boyfriend.

So then, I called him.

He answered at once. "Hey. How's my baby?"

"Oh gosh, Gab, what happened to you? I was worried sick."

"Aww babe I was just playing basketball with my dudes."

"You should've told me because I waited 5 hours for your call or text."

"Sorry."

"It's okay. As long as it's you."

"I have to get some sleep now, you know."

"Yeah. Goodnight."

"Night."

"I love you."

He dropped the call.

He's changed a lot. He doesn't do this to me before. I don't know why but I don't like where this is leading to.

Maybe I need some rest. I've been overthinking a lot lately. Maybe sleeping would calm my mind. Maybe tomorrow, when I wake up, this is over. Or if it still isn't, atleast I had a moment to escape all these.