Chapter 13

I stared at the clock, 22:47, as it ticked, with a clip point knife in my right hand. I just didn't know what to do. It wasn't because I was bored or I was being nonsensical. I just can't bare the pain and I want it to end.

I held the knife to my wrist, its edge slowly touching my skin.

-

Doorbell rang.

Just then I noticed, I did it. I realized blood dripping off my skin. An open wound on my arm.

I rushed downstairs and grabbed a roll of paper towel in the kitchen.

I wiped the blood and walked to the door to open it.

"Hey, Sam." She said with a sniffly voice.

It was Shane.

"W-what are you doing here?" I hugged her tight.

"I'm sorry. I just needed to run away for awhile."

I grabbed her bag. "Was it them again?"

"Yeah. My dad just went home and was drunk as usual." She sat and took a sip from the glass of water I handed her. "And mom said "Why'd you come home late again? You probably stayed with your woman again. I know you don't go to work anymore" then he contradicted her "What are you talking about?! I know what you did with our driver. And our workers? You're turning them into stupid butlers." she raised her voice at him I don't remember much of what she said but then he shouted back at her and he started hitting her. She tried to fight back, but of course my dad's too strong. And I just can't listen to their voices fighting anymore."

Shane wiped her eyes and looked at me. "I can stay here for awhile right?"

I smiled at her. "Of course. For you."

I carried her bag. "Come on up. You can stay over here in my room and I could go stay at my parents'. They never go home anyway." We both chuckled.

"Or.." Shane looked up, looked at me and smirked. "We could stay together because you have a lot to talk about."

"About what?" I asked.

"You know.. About what happened to you."

"Oh God. I'd rather not."

"Pleaseeeee. I have the right to know." She begged.

"Just shut up I'll get popcorn and let's watch a movie. Go choose one over there." I pointed at the shelf beside my tv containing films and video games.

Hayes' P.O.V.

"Hey" I said enthusiastically.

"Hey"

"You lonely, hon? Miss me so much?"

"Ha-ha. You're funny." She replied with full sarcasm.

"Shut up. You love me."

"Too bad I do."

"Let's video call. I wanna see you."

"No. I'm tired, you know. It's past one here."

"Come on just show me some.."

"Shut up!"

I chuckled. "Just kidding. I miss you though. I'd love to see you soon."

"Bye, Hayes!"

"Yeah."

"I love you Hayes."

"Love you too Ash."

Call ended.

I walked in the door and saw my father lying on the stretcher bed thingy.

"Hayes!"

"Oh dad!" I held him tight. Never thought I'd be able to hug him again. Or even see him again.

"I missed you. I wanna go home with you." I held his hand carefully.

"I'm sorry. I can't. Not in this condition." He truthfully said.

"But we will come home."

"We will."

I held his hand tighter, but not too tight because of the dextrose.

Sam's P.O.V.

It's been a day. Still bored with my life, as usual. I unexpectedly glared at my wound on my left arm. Wouldn't hurt me to add more of these, right?

I opened the first layer drawer on the side table of my bed. I reached for the knife and found my cellphone instead.

So I ran through my camera roll and found important pictures.

Pictures of me and Hayes.

I miss him. It's been a long time since I last saw him. And to think, he's the only one who's ever been there for me.

I know, I'm not a fool. He loves me. I'm not just assuming it, but of course I'm not cold hearted to not realize he does. And he has told me that a lot of times before jokingly, I just ignored it because I love Gab, and I was never really open to the fact that the man who loved me his whole life is Hayes.

Oh God.

Yeah.

I dropped the fucking phone.

"Sam? You alright up there?" Shane reassured.

It just hit me hard. He loves me. He was the one all along.

Shane hurriedly went to me. "Hey, what happened?"

"It's Hayes." I said.

"What? What is Hayes? What's with him?"

"It's Hayes."