the truth and old friends

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍:

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍:

"he didn't want to kill you"

The group huddled around the fire. Most of the time they were silent. Even when Kaz returned with a bag of clothes for Alina and Mal, they did not speak much.

"Step one for any good plan, a change of clothes," Jesper announced while handing the bag to Mal. Katerina watched how Inej helped Alina stand up. She smiled at their interaction. In this brief period of time, Katerina observed that Inej believed in Saints with all her heart. And now she had an opportunity to talk to one.

"So... will you still be trying to kidnap me?" Katerina shifted her gaze to Alina who was looking at Kaz and Jesper.

"Course not."

The redhead did not miss the look Kaz directed in Jesper's way.

"Have you found religion too?" She gently nudged Kaz and gave him a look. Jesper sighed.

"No, it's just... I'm exhausted. Besides it'd be a bad form to kidnap someone after they have saved your life."

Kaz was still looking at Alina.

"You are quite valuable you know?" Katerina watched how the Sun Summoner walked closer.

"So is this." The redhead looked at her hands and saw a diamond necklace. For some reason, it looked familiar.

Kaz took the necklace in his hands inspecting it. Then he looked at Alina.

"I saw this on a portrait of one of the queens in the Little Place." Now Katerina understood where she had seen it.

"It's not a gift. It's to keep quiet of who I am. Where I go from here."

For a minute he looked at Alina then he briefly glanced at Katerina before pocketing the diamond jewelry.

"The deal is the deal."

And with that, they shook hands sealing the deal.