Golem

School had just been let out in Hamilton Hill High, and many of the students were just walking their way back home. One student, in particular, chose to wait outside the school entrance, expecting to meet someone. The student was a young man that was on the scrawny side, with short black hair, large round glasses, and wearing an oranger vest over a black shirt. This was Willie Watt, a smart kid, but was also a pretty easy target for the cruel jocks, such as Nelson Nash.

Willie never really cared that he looked like the stereotypical 'geek kid' at school, he had smarts and he was proud of them. Unfortunately, his dad doesn't really get it, thinking that your physical strength should just be as tough as your mental strength. Still though, today was going to be the day he accomplished his goal.

Sure enough, the one Willie was waiting for to come arrived. She was a beautiful young woman with shoulder length white hair, a pink top that cuts away at her midriff, and a black skirt. This was Bobbi Sommer, but everyone at school just calls her Blade. She was considered to be the most popular and most beautiful girl in all of school, and she had no problem flaunting it, in fact, she almost relished it.

Still though, that didn't stop Willie from crushing on her almost half his life. He's never had the guts to talk to her, let alone ask her out, but with the upcoming dance at the pier, now was the perfect chance.

Willie followed after her before speaking. "Uh...hi, Blade." Willie said nervously.

Blade looked at Willie uninterestingly, but still acknowledged him. "Billy something, right?"

"Willie. Willie Watt." Willie corrected, not even bothered that she didn't get his name right. "I'm in your robotics class."

"Ugh, biogenic inter-phasing." Blade groaned. "I'll never get it."

"Maybe I could help." Willie said eagerly. "Like tutor you, or something?"

"Tutor me?" Blade asked amusingly.

Before Willie could say anything, a fancy red sports car came driving around the corner of the street, with it's tires screeching. It did a couple of a spins before stopping right near them at the curb, with driver door opening up to reveal Nelson stepping out.

"Hey, Blade, schway outfit." Nelson flirted as he walked up to them, then elbowed Willie in the stomach hard that he pushed him back. "It would go great within my new car. Don't you think?"

"It might." Blade said with a smirk.

"Blade, about that tutoring thing?" Willie tried to speak up, hoping to get back on track.

"Tutoring? Does this mean you're going to start doing homework now?" Nelson asked, hoping his latest girlfriend wasn't going to be part of the geek squad.

"I never said that." Blade said, wanting to maintain her reputation.

"Good, then let's go for a ride." Nelson said as he walked to his car.

"Right now? Just like that?" Blade asked, a little put off by his immediate thinking that they were an item and he could just take her out whenever he wanted.

"I'm a 'spur of the moment' guy." Nelson said as he opened his car door.

"But I like a little warning." Blade said before she started to walk away.

"Okay then. Saturday night. The dance at the pier." Nelson offered.

Blade stopped and gave Nelson a final look before speaking. "I'll think about it, but I might have other commitments." With said, she walked away again.

"How about a ride home?" Nelson offered again, which was starting to get on Willie's nerves.

"She said she didn't want a ride." Willie said with a glare.