The Enforcers

Derek Powers calmly sat in his office while he was meeting with Commissioner Gordon. She had a few questions about the warehouse robbery.

"I'm greatly relieved that the crate has been safely returned." Powers said in relief.

"Yes, especially its contents." Barbara said as she narrowed her eyes.

"Pardon?" Powers said in confusion.

"We checked inside the crate. We found quite the stash of military grade weapons." Barbara explained. "Care to tell us what those were doing in your possession."

Powers said nothing at first, but then he started to chuckle. "Hehehe, it's simple. You see those weapons were shipped out to us by the nation of Kasnia, they are remnants of the old wars they were apart of."

"That still doesn't explain why you had them." Barbara stated.

"It's quite simple. WaynePowers has taken the liberty of confiscating those weapons, melt them down, and reshape them to better goods, and ship them back to Kasnia." Powers explained with a smile on his face. "Pots, pans, utensils, things they could use. The people have been torn apart by those wars, I'm just giving something back."

"And you're just doing this out of the goodness of your heart." Barbara said sarcastically.

Powers smirked before he spoke. "Well, there is a small fee for the shipment of those weapons."

Barbara narrowed her eyes, but she put away her notepad. "Good day Mr. Powers." She walked away and waited for the elevator to come up.

"Oh Commissioner." Powers said before she could leave. "I saw the news reports. It wasn't the police that got the crate back, was it."

Barbara didn't say anything as the elevator came up and she entered it. "Have a nice day, Mr. Powers." With that said, the elevator closed and she left.

Powers still smirked as he pressed a button on his desk. A speaker seemed to have popped out of the desk.

"I heard you had a bit of trouble last night." Powers said.

"At first I thought my guys were trying to con me. Then I saw the news."

"It is a shame, I went to great lengths to get those guns for you." Powers said. "Still baffled me that you wanted the clowns to pick them up."

"The clowns still run the majority of this city. I thought it would be ironic if they were the ones who orchestrated the theft of the weapons that destroyed them."

"Like paying for your own funeral." Powers said cruelly.

"Yes, but now we have a new problem."

"Yes, I saw the news. Quite extraordinary if you ask me." Powers said as he turned on a TV screen on the wall and showed footage of Spider-Man swinging away from the station.

"The only thing that's going to be extraordinary, is how they are going to take him down."

"You were serious about calling them. Well they are the best of best." Powers said.

"The greatest insult to my reign, demands the greatest forms of pain. And the Enforcers are experts on pain."

__________________________________________________________________________________

Terry just got up and was getting ready for school. After brushing his teeth he walked into the kitchen to get a quick breakfast.

"Hey dad, I'll be taking off soon." Terry said, but he didn't get a reply. "Dad?"