Shriek

Unlike the many times Powers sat alone by himself, this time he was in an area that was completely hidden in darkness. As far as the eye can tell, there was no one in sight, and nothing could be seen in the darkness.

"It's a neglected sense, 'hearing,' and it shouldn't be." A voice sounded in the darkness. "Because all too often, our first warning of danger is sound." The sound of snarling animal in the darkness were heard, forcing Powers to get up from his seat and look around in fright.

"Shreeve, what are you trying to..." Powers paused as he heard the sound of a rumbling. He looked behind him and noticed a bright light shining right towards him and was getting closer. There was a sound that followed right up that made Powers instantly know what was heading towards him.

A train!

"SHREEEEEEVE!!!" Powers screamed in fear as he covered his, fearing for his life as the train was coming closer.

However, despite the sound of the train horns still blaring loudly, the light was turned off, as it was revealed to be nothing more than a man holding a flashlight, before he turned it off. He raised his other hand to reveal a cylindrical device, before he pressed a button and the sound of the train ceased. Powers opened his eyes as his hands shook with fear, looking at the man standing in the shadows.

"See, Mr. Powers?" The man named Shreeve said simply as he shined the light again. "Just an illusion."

Powers stood up as he took a calming breath to steel his nerves. "I knew that." Powers said.

"Of course." Shreeve said with a slight smirk as the light of Powers office turned on. "But after all the research money you have given me, I thought you deserved a demonstration."

"Frankly, I was hoping for more." Powers said, not really feeling that impressed.

"More, you say?" Shreeve repeated with a smug tone before placing on a white helmet with a blue circle at the center, and a white upper bodied armor with clawed hands, and silver circles on the back of his hands. The center of his chest also had a silver circle dial with blue outline at the center. "Look at this sound suit. I just finished it."

Powers took a good look at the suit and could tell that there was something familiar about it. "Do I detect a sense of familiarity with the contraption of your former partner's suit?" Powers asked.

Beneath the helmet, Shreeve couldn't help but give a slight grumble of disdain towards his former partner. "Herman's suit was focused more on compressed shockwaves. This suit is the next stage; completely upgraded to the next level." Shreeve said as held up his arms. "It's got four built-in sound generators-"

"How is it any better than old boom box?" Powers interrupted.

"Different kind of boom. Watch." Shreeve looked across the office where a large block of concrete was placed on a podium. "It generates ultra-low frequency vibrations which I can aim at any direction."

Shreeve turned the dial on his chest, before pointing one of his hands at the block on concrete. Soon a high-pitched sonic sound erupted from the gauntlet, causing the block to completely shatter and be reduced to dust.

"Imagine the time and effort this suit would save construction workers, road builders." Shreeve boasted as he removed the helmet.

Powers, however, still looked far from impressed. "Dynamite's cheaper." Powers said in a bored tone.

"But..." Shreeve tried to protest.

"Shreeve, you're just not a practical guy." Powers said casually. "All that's ever mattered to you is your research, which would have gone down the drain because of that stunt Schultz pulled off with the Shocker gauntlets. You're lucky that I bailed out your company, but now it's time to see some return on my investment." Powers went back to his desk and gave a little smirk. "I want you to solve a problem for me."