Chapter 5 - Scared

It's very dark...
I hate the dark...
I'm scared...

I'm really sorry! I didn't mean to! Let me out!

Someone! Please!

It's so cold in here. I can't breathe.

Let me out!

Please!

I wake up screaming. I hate that I still have that dream. It happened so long ago.

I stand up, open the door and walk to the kitchen. Zane's room is across from mine. His door is closed and everything is silent so I assume he is asleep.

I enter the kitchen and turn on the light. As I turn around I see a figure standing against the counter.

"Ahhhhhhhh!" I scream. I just had a nightmare and now someone is inside the house. Zane is sleeping and I can't fight to safe my own life.

My heart is pounding so fast and I feel my knees hit the ground. I am literally shivering in fear. I don't know what's happening to me but it's scary.

I feel someone coming closer to me and wrapping their arms around me. I am so scared that I start crying.

"Veronica you're fine." I hear a voice say. It sounds so familiar but I can't really focus over all my crying.

"Veronica look at me." The voice says again. I really try to look up but I am shaking.

"Veronica. Listen to me. You're fine. You're okay. I'm here. I won't hurt you I promise."

He takes my face in his hand and force me to look at him. He has the most beautiful green eye. Just looking into it makes me calm down.

"You're okay." Zane says. He warps me in his arms and I instantly relax, but the tears keep streaming down my face. I thought Zane was asleep.

He picks me up bridal style and walks me to my room. When he opens the door, I expect to see the purple color of my room, but instead I see a grey color.

Am I in his room? He lays me down on the bed, but for some reason I am so scared to let go of him.

He climbs onto the bed next to me still holding onto me. I am afraid if I let go I will wake up and none of this will be real.

I snuggle up into him and I feel right at home. That sounds pathetic, but it's true.

He plays with a strand of my hair and I feel my eyes slowly closing.

I fall asleep in Zane's arms and it's the best I have ever felt.

*
*
*
*

Christii