Chapter 14 - Hurry to the door

Lately I've been sleeping a lot more than I usually do. I've never slept this much in my life.

Zane is at work today and I'm home alone again. He has some of his men guarding the house. He says Rob doesn't know my location but he can track it when he calls me. I haven't gotten any notes since we live at the safe house but Zane is very overprotective.

It's been a couple of weeks that I've lived with him and I think I'm feeling something for him. It sounds too fast but I can't wait for him to get home. I can't wait to see him in the morning. He is the only thing on my mind every day and every night. And I feel so safe around him.

We're still haven't gone on our first date yet because Zane thinks it's too risky. I feel kinda trapped inside the house but every time I see him I am reminded that he is doing everything to keep me safe. I love him. No. I mean, I love it that he is doing this for me.

Do I love him? No it's too fast. Can you love someone this fast? It's only been six weeks.

I pick up the remote and watch Netflix. Zane and I are watching The Witcher so I can't watch it now because I'm waiting for him to come home.

Home...I still can't get used to saying that. I've never had a home and now I feel safe and protected and I feel loved.

I scroll through the watchlist I created and decide to watch The Bold Type.

I'm at episode seven when I hear the door open. I pause the show and hurry to the door. When I get there the person standing there isn't the one I was hoping for.

"Good day Honey." He says and tears immediately falls down my cheeks.

"What are you doing here? How did you get in?!" I ask walking backwards.

"Oh pumpkin you're just as beautiful as I remember. You're soo grown up." He walks towards me and grabs onto my arm.

"No! You're hurting me! Stop!" I yell. Where are the guards?

"Oh sugar just relax." He says, pressing a cloth onto my mouth and nose. I try not to breath in the toxins but I can't keep my breath in any longer. I feel my head starting to get dizzy and all I feel is arms grabbing me.

*
*
*
*
Christii