Chapter 8 - I deserve it

"VERONICA CAN YOU JUST TELL ME?!"

Him yelling triggers something inside me and reminds me of everything...

I feel my knees give in and my head hit something hard. I don't feel anything. Darkness flows around me and I loose sight of everything.

________________________________
"Veronica? Veronica wake up! Veronica just open your eyes Love, please just wake up."

I slowly feel my eyes opening and Zane is over me, holding my face in between his large hands.

"Veronica please open your eyes babygirl."

I look at him and see his beautiful green eyes filled with worry.

"Oh thank God." He says and sigh in relief.

"What's wrong?"

"You blacked out and hit your head on the edge of the bed and on the floor. I don't think the cut is that deep so you don't need stitches, but I quickly cleaned the wound."

I try to sit up but the stinging in my head just gets worse as I force myself up.

"No Love just lay down."

He sits next to me on the bed and looks at me. "You mind telling me where you found the note?"

"On my bed."

"On your bed?!"

"Yes. I came out of the bathroom and it was laying on my bed."

His eyes widen and he jumps up. "Someone must have been inside the house then."

My heart is pounding faster. "What do you mean someone was in the house?! I was in here the whole day! Alone!"

"I know Veronica. I'm just as shocked as you are."

My life could be in danger. Someone was inside the house while I was here the whole day. My heart starts racing and my head stings as I start to hyperventilate.

Zane walks out the room and I am left laying on the bed in pain. My head hurt so freaking much and I notice a few bruises on arms and legs.

It only reminds me of everything that happened and tears start to fill my eyes. I wrap my arms around myself and just lay here.

I can't believe Zane just left me here without saying anything. I don't even know where he went or where he is right now.

I close my eyes and try to get myself to sleep so the pain can ease just a little.

Just as I feel myself drift off the door swings open and a Zane walks over to me.

"Come with me." He says.

I look at him with confusion and try to sit up. My head still hurts so bad and I wince in pain as I try to sit up.

Within a second Zane picks me up in his arms and walks out the bedroom and down the stairs.

"What's wrong?" I ask. My head stings in pain with every step he takes. I squeeze my eyes shut to try and control the pain but it doesn't seem to work.

"You're not safe here." Is the only thing he says.

"What do you mean?"

"I MEAN YOU'RE NOT FUCKING SAFE HERE VERONICA! FUCK! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND A SINGLE WORD I SAY?!"

He yells at me the same way he did in the room a few hours ago. I hate it when I'm yelled at. But I understand why he's doing it. He feels stuck with me and I can't blame him. It's all my fault. It's my fault he is yelling at me. I shouldn't have talked without being spoken to. Everything is my fault...It's always my fault...

Tears start welling up in my eyes and I am taken back to the darkness. The beatings. The cell. The torture. I don't even try and fight the memories. Because I deserve it. I deserve every bad thing that comes my way.

He sets me down in his car and i can feel my heartbeat picking up again. I don't know what is happening and what he is planning on doing with me, but I am scared.

Real scared...

*
*
*
*

Christii