Chapter 17 - You saved me

Zane's POV

I burst through the door of the abandoned house and immediately I hear screams. I recognise that scream anywhere. It's Veronica. It's my girl!

I rush towards the screaming and suddenly the screaming stops. I hear laughter. I rush down to the cells and see Rob having his way with my girl. Anger and adrenaline rushes through me and I swing open the door.

"Leave her alone you fucking bastard!" I shout.

He stands up and pulls his pants on. I take a swing at him and he falls to the ground. I throw him out of the cell and my men grabs him and takes him away.

I see Veronica laying on the cold floor, naked. My heart pounds faster. I hate that I couldn't protect her. I promised her as I would keep her safe and I failed.

I pick her up and find that the cuffs around her wrists and ankles are undone. I take off my shirt and pull it over her head.

"Zane?" She says softly not opening her eyes.

"Yes baby it's me. It's me. You're safe now. You're okay. I'm here."

I rush out of the house with her in my arms. I see Rob in cuffs, knocked out in the back of one of the trucks.

I put Veronica in the passenger seat and quickly climb into the drivers seat. I rush to the hospital and the doctor immediately takes her to surgery.

While sitting in the waiting area I call Aren to hear what he's doing with Rob.

"Aren what are you doing with that son of a bitch?"

"We're keeping him in one of our cells Boss. We thought you might like to handle him yourself."

"Indeed I do. Thank you Aren. I'm at the hospital now with Veronica."

"Is she injured bad Sir?"

"The doctor says she lost a lot of blood, she has a lot of bruises and she has a broken leg."

"Stay with her Sir. We'll take care of everything."

"Aren, have you found out who the inside guy is?"

"Yes Sir. He is one of our rookies. He's also in a cell waiting for you."

"Thank you Aren. For everything."

"It's a pleasure Sir."

I put the phone down and wait...

2 hours later

"Mr. Lynwood?"

I jump up saying, "Yes that's me!"

"Everything went well. We gave het more blood and fixed her leg. All she needs is rest and maybe a psychologist to talk to. But she can talk to you too."

"Thank you doctor. Can I see her?"

"Yes, follow me."

I follow the doctor into a room and see my beautiful girl laying there. The doctor exits the room leaving me alone with her.

I grabs a chair and sit down next to her bed. I grab her hand and kiss it.

"In so sorry I couldn't keep your safe my Love. It's my fault. There was an inside man and I should have known it. I will never let anything happened to you ever again. I'm so sorry babygirl."

A tear slips down my cheek and suddenly I'm crying all over her.

I feel  something touching my head and I look up.

"You saved me Zane. Again"

"I'm sorry he took you Veronica. It's all my fault. I should have stayed with you."

"Zane stop. You saved me from that horrible man. None of this is your fault. Thank you."

She smiles at me and I kiss her hand.

"Zane?"

"Yes baby?"

"I love you."

The smile on my face grows wider and wider.

"I love you soo much babygirl."

*
*
*
*
Christii