The Last Warrior Princess - Chapter 1 - Memories

"Someone please help!" I screamed as I ran through the forest, my black hair trailing behind. I could hear the creature's footsteps running close behind me. As I ran, I tripped over a branch that was in the way. As I fell, I felt blood seep out of my knees and quickly got up, ignoring the stinging pain.

As I looked behind me, I saw two bright fluorescent eyes glowing and I ran, tears coming out of my eyes. As I ran for my life, I realized that where I went, it was a dead end. The trees had come together like a wall, and there was nowhere else to run. "Get away from me!" I screamed, backing into the wall of trees, as the monster cackled menacingly. "There's nowhere to run," it laughed. "D-don't hurt me!" I stuttered as I formed a small, weak orb of light silverish blue magic. I threw it at the monster, but he just laughed and swallowed the orb.

"Now, that's a nice meal," its black body laughed as I saw that its body was made of smoke and only its eyes were fluorescent yellowish white. It looked me straight into my bright blue eyes and rested his dark hand on mine.

I looked away, as I felt the creature feed of my fear. As the creature opened his mouth to devour me, I felt the drool escape from his lips and land on my shoulders. Any second now, I will be devoured.

...

Panting, I woke up from the nightmare, sweat dripping across my skin. "It was just a dream," I whispered to myself, patting my six-year-old body. I tilted my head back and looked at myself in the icicle next to me in the cave I slept in. My short black hair was tied into pigtails and I was wearing a long jacket and a short blue dress. "Achoo!" I sneezed as I covered my nose with both of my hands. "Rizon!" I called out to my mother. "Why are you up?" a voice asked as a whitish-bluish dragon entered the cave.

 "Why are you up?" a voice asked as a whitish-bluish dragon entered the cave

"I just woke up early Rizon," I smiled back at her. "What really happened?" she asked me, with a more serious tone. I clenched my hands into a fist and held the blanket in my hands and looked at the beautiful sunset outside the cave we both slept in.

 I clenched my hands into a fist and held the blanket in my hands and looked at the beautiful sunset outside the cave we both slept in

"I had a nightmare about the phantom again," I teared up a little. "How I couldn't do anything to stop them," I cried openly as Rizon scoffed. "Of course you can't do anything about them now. You're too young," she laughed. "But if you train hard every day, then when you're older, you can take your revenge on them," she smiled, as I smiled back.