The Last Warrior Princess - Chapter 14 - The Palace Gates

The fifth day of the grand magic games finished. There were no matches on today, so while searching for clues about the Eclipse project, I needed to hide from people otherwise they'll recognise me as the ice dragon slayer of Sabertooth. The last couple of days were flying around the city looking for clues. As Lexi flew me around the city, I felt tired, and I could tell that my exceed was exhausted as well. "Lexi, can you drop me there?" I asked her, as we landed on the top of a church. "I'm so tired," I yawned, as the sun set. "Did you hear that the twin dragons of Sabertooth lost to Natsu dragneel of Fairy Tail?" I heard someone say. "What are you thinking off?" I heard Ultear say, as I nearly fell off the building due to shock, as I looked to my big sister. 

Gaining my balance again, I looked at her smiling. "Nothing much." As she looked at me, I could tell she knew I was lying. "Okay, I'm just thinking of Sting and Rogue," I said, blushing slightly when I said Rogue's name. "Ooh, a crush," she said as I looked at her in shock. "No way, he's like my brother," I shouted, as she laughed. "You must miss them," she said, as I thought about the time I met them both. 

"Hey, I'm Alyssa, I'm an Ice Dragon Slayer and I also use ice-make magic," I said happily, as a bald - headed boy looked at me shyly. "I'm Sting, and this is Rogue, he's a little bit shy," he whispered to me, as I cracked up laughing. 

"Well it's nice to meet you," I smiled at them, giggling as I looked at Rogue. "You don't talk much do you?" I looked at Rogue who just nodded. "Come on lighten up," I said, as he smiled cutely. "Thanks," he whispered, as I hugged him. "No problem, we're friends aren't we?" 

"Yeah," I said, but remembering the stripping of Yukino, my anger remained fixed. "You should go back, I'm pretty sure they'll let you come back," she said as I smiled sadly. "No, they won't. Jiemma is strict. He made one of the members strip and remove her mark," I said angrily, as I held my hand into a fist. "None of us did anything... I don't deserve to be part of a guild anymore. I stood there and watched her. I didn't do anything..." I cried, as I felt Ultear hug me. We stood there in silence, as Lexi looked at me sadly. 

"What's in the past has happened, now we have to look to the future, and correct any mistakes," Ultear said, as I wiped the tears that had fallen down. "I will protect this city with my life. As a dragon slayer, it is my job to defeat dragons," I said, as Lexi looked at me determinedly. 

"There are only three days till the dragons come," I whispered, as I held my hand into a fist, determined of defeating them. "I'll see you tomorrow, big sis, meet you at the clock tower," I smiled at her, as Lexi flew me to the inn I was staying at. Paying for another night, I realised I was low on cash. "Thank you," I said to the receptionist who smiled back at me. Reaching my room, I smiled slightly to myself, humming as I got changed into a large plain grey t-shirt. 

Sitting on my bed, Lexi had fallen asleep on her own tiny bed, and sleeping I couldn't help but think of the past and everything that's happened since then. 

"Rizon left me all alone, ugh she's so annoying," I said, as a little child, hitting a nearby tree. "Now what do I do," I complained, as I walked into the forest. "Please don't hit me!" I heard a voice yell, as I saw a small cat surrounded by a pack of wolves. "Ice dragon diamond fist!" I yelled, my arm appearing on ice, as I attacked all the wolves, as they ran away in fear, shivering. 

"Hello, what's your name?" I asked the little cat, as it looked at me terrified. "Please don't hurt me," it said as I smiled at it. Picking her up, I smiled at it. Looking at it closely, I saw that it had red eyes and snowy white fur. "My name is Alyssa, what's yours?" I asked it, as the cat smiled at me. "My name is Lexi, can you protect me from now on?" she asked, as I giggled. "Sure," I smiled, patting her on the head, as we walked through the forest.

"Wake up, Alyssa!" I heard a voice say, as I opened my eyes. "Damn you Lexi, I was having a good dream," I complained, as I stood up, going towards the bathroom. "You're such a heavy sleeper, I've been trying to wake you up for so long," Lexi explained as I laughed.  

Packing all my clothes, we left the room after taking a nice shower. "I was  just remembering the day we met," I smiled, as Lexi flew me to the clock tower. "Don't even remind me, I swear I was so weak," she groaned, as I laughed. Landing beneath the clock tower, I saw Ultear, and the other Crime Sociere members stand there. "Found anything?" Jellal asked, as I shook my head. "Where's future Lucy?" I asked him, as he explained that she went to the castle because apparently the Lucy from the present was going to get kidnapped by the castle guard and the Fairy Tail guys would try to save them, but they wouldn't be able too because they can't use magic as the Eclipse gate is too close. 

"Should I go as well?" I asked them. "Meet up with her?" Jellal asked confusingly. "Yeah, just to make sure everything is alright," I answered, as Ultear looked at me seriously. "What? I'll be careful," I teased her, remembering the conversation we had the night  before of Ur, our mum. 

"So what's the deal with Gray and Leon, the Lamia Scale and Fairy Tail mage?" I asked her, as she looked at me smiling. "Ur taught them both the magic, it's how you learnt it," she said, as I felt connected to her past. "She sacrificed herself to save Gray and Leon from Deliora." 

 "Thank you," I told her, as I went to my inn.  "Just be careful okay?" 

"Yeah I know."

As I reached the palace gates, I smiled, as the sun was just rising on the last day of the grand magic games. I was completely exhausted from a lack of sleep, but I knew that I had to stay awake. Lexi stood by me as we stood in front of the palace gates, which gave a lot of promise for the future. 

"Let's do this," I said as I opened them, as both Lexi and I entered the gates.