Chapter 33

"What?!" Rose was shocked. She had another grandmother? One that was alive?

M-A-P

Marcy went to see Charlene. She asked detailed questions about the old woman's life. Questions that led to a specific question; did anyone want to hurt her?

Charlene admitted it could be anyone. She had not been kind.

Marcy had a theory but wanted to involve the authorities.

Charlene was shocked. Even moreso when Marcy mentioned why. "You think my son is trying to kill me?"

M-A-P

Donald was hopping mad. He hated his mother but he still would not attempt to kill her. His older brother had gone too far.

The police took a statement and would be contacting NYPD to bring Etoken Jr. in for questioning.

Donald knew it wouldn't be that easy and provided help on his brother's capture (which he knew it'd have to be).

It was a dark day.

M-A-P

Marla walked into her parents' bedroom and saw they were talking quietly. "What's going on?"

"Hey, Mar!" Mike put on a happy voice.

She wasn't fooled. "Why are you acting so weird?"

"What do you mean?"

"Everything is so weird." She didn't have the vocabulary to explain it. "Something's going on."

"Come here." He held his arms out.

She ran to him and let him pick her up.

"There's some big people stuff going on right now but don't worry. Mommy and I will always protect you and Bean. Got it?"

That made her worry more! "Yeah."

He tapped her nose lightly. "Go play. Your ice cream party is soon."

She walked out slowly. As soon as she made it around the corner, she could hear them speaking again. Something was going on and she was going to find out what!

M-A-P

Marcy sat with Charlene, simply speaking. The elder needed it. To come to terms with her oldest son trying to kill her. The easy conversation about Marcy's family was low pressure and made the hazel eyed ninety seven year old smile.

Marcy was having her own enjoyment out of the talk. Until Charlene asked an innocent question. "Are you sure?"

Charlene nodded.

"Okay." Marcy warned.

M-A-P

The Fabanges siblings shuffled into the hospital room. "Hello."

Charlene looked over from talking to Marcy and Donald. "Hello."

Lisa ran to the bed and inspected this old person. "Hi! My name is Lisa. I'm 10. Marcy said you're our Gran. You look old. How old are you?" She narrowed her eyes suspiciously.

"Lisa!" Laura was mortified.

Charlene smiled. "She is precious."

"Do you wanna keep her?" Marcy drawled.

Lisa sulked fiercely.

Marc snickered. "Hello, Gran. I'm Marc. And this is Matty."

"I'm Mike." Mike waved. "And this is My-My."