part 9-the plan

THEO POV
I began to panic and searched the surrounding forest frantically. I screamed her name at the top of my lungs to no success. I had given up, kicking the ground and throwing my head in my hands. As much as Cass was supposed to help me build my pack, i had also grown to love her?

I began to head back towards Beacon hills when i heard a whimpering, staggered breathing and the crunching of leaves and twigs. I turned around quickly only to find Cass limping towards me. Her shirt had holes ripped into it. I ran to wrap my arm across her shoulders as support. I pulled her towards the Nemeton and sat her down. She had tears streaming down her face and and her eyes were a bloodshot red. I wiped the remaining evidence of tears and kissed her forehead.

Before i could ask what had happened, she whispered,
"They found us- theyre here!"
"Who is here?"
"The dread doctors!"

The second she said that my whole body froze. I had to train her and i had to do it now.

We sat on top of the Nemeton. I told her to close her eyes and listen carefully to my instructions. She agreed and slowly placed her hands on the remains of the tree.

"Imagine now that you are sucking the energy out of it and taking it as your own"

At that moment, a blinding yellow glow spread across the surface of the Nemeton. She began to smile, then her face twisted. Before i could protest, the blood from her nose suddenly stopped and she let out a blood curdling scream. I covered my ears and ran to the side.

She opened her eyes, they looked blank, emotionless. Empty.

"Cass?" I whispered. She just turned to me and smiled she snapped her finger and a flicker appeared. She closed her eyes and the flame grew. Bigger. Filling her palm. With a swipe of her other hand it was gone.

She opened her eyes again and smirked.
"Looks like it worked, ill finally be useful to your little pack now"

She wiped her face to remove the remains of dry blood then with an agressive breath in.

"Theo the dread doctors are getting close again. They are coming for me, they want me back. Im useful to them" she muttered blankly before storming off.

When i found her again, she was sat in her room, irritated. Almost not herself. I thought id be a romantic type and throw stones at her window. It took minutes before she slid it up. I met her with a smile, she met me with a middle finger. I audibly sighed before shouting up.

"Cmon Cass dont be like that"

"Im not mad at you Theo, im scared. Im hungry but not for food. For violence. The idea of ripping off someones head and planting it in the sheriffs office is becoming appealing and its scary"

I laughed, " i was at first too sweetheart i was much younger but you get used to it. You have to release it which is why i have the perfect idea. Tomorrow Charity Lacrosse game we can cause some problems, hows that sound?"

Cass simply smirked, it was desirably evil. She looked like a huge weight had left her shoulders. My plan was coming together. Cause so much death that Scott's pack beg us to stop. He cant save everyone after all.

I shouted up at Cass goodnight but by then the window was shut and she had disappeared from view. I turned and left, sleeping in an old cottage nearby. I could barely sleep knowing that tomorrow it was all going to come together.