Part 13- gone

CASS POV
I woke up from my sleep and was shocked to find out i had slept through the entire day and it was now 9pm the next night. It was dark outside.

The same overwhelming anger filled my body. Attacking me again, the second i opened my eyes. Destroying the peace i felt when asleep.

I moved my phone in an attempt to ignore it. I planned to go and see Stiles, or perhaps Malia and actually have a normal teenage life but i didnt even get to unlock my phone. In a release of the anger build up, i threw my phone as hard as i could against my wall. That was all because when turning it on, i saw 58 missed calls and 107 unread messages from Theo. It smashed into many little pieces as hoped but a part of me felt empty now. What was i to do with myself without Theo.

Dont get me wrong, i hated him right now but during my time away from school all i would do was go on dates with him. He was moody but i miss the way he would always save me. He pretended he wouldnt risk his life for me and it was true at the start, it used to make me despise him but, everytime it came down to it he raced to find me, to keep me safe and stay by his side.

After a good 30 minute day dreaming moment, i got up and went into my bathroom to shower and change. I got undressed and stepped in. The cold water droplets slid down my body, i tried to relax as the water turned warm but instead had a flashback of all the fun times i had had with Theo. I washed my hair and body meaning i was ready to get out but... i couldnt.

Instead i slid down the wall as the water continued to pour down onto me. I brought my knees close to my face as the emotional exhaustion took over. I missed Brett, he had to leave and the man i loved i had to force myself to hate. It was hard. I sobbed into myself until i was ready to climb out.

I got to the sink once changed and brushed my teeth. The familar motion began to fade away i could no longer see straight. My vision was blurry. Before i realised this, i felt myself losing control. The chimera inside of me screaming inside begging to be let out.

So i let it out. My grip on the rim of the sink tightened as i finally decided to turn it off.

As i was still staring into the mirror i saw a deep shade of orange flutter across my eyes. Before everything else went blank.

THEO POV
I thought it was best to go out today. It was the day before going back to school, it was around autumn time now. It was hard to see anyone outside in such weather so i thought it a perfect opportunity to walk around before going back to school.

Now that i was back living with my parents, it was best to avoid the awkward atmosphere anyway.

I walked around, picked up some groceries for my parents and headed to a park bench. I sat and watched the world go by. I had a large amount of thoughts to sort through. Im thinking of turning my emotions off. I messed up with Cass so i should just block it out and move on right?

The guilt.

Everytime the thought of moving on even remotely crosses my mind i feel so guilty. Try to Kill her bestfriend then leave? No i mustn't no matter how hard it is, i must fix this mess. Why is this affecting me so much? Ive killed people before, my own sister for goodness sake. I watched her from a bridge as she turned hypothermic and begged me to save her. Instead i stole her heart. So why do i feel guilt for some girl i could replace?

I got up and went to head home. As i neared my street i saw Cassie walk past without noticing me, i hid behind each building, keeping an eye on her. She looked emotionless. Empty. Numb. Her eyes were bright orange though. She walked with aggressive strides, fists clenched.

I followed her into the forest. She had something in her hands, a large bag? It was practically the same size as her. I stepped cautiously towards her to get a closer look. As she came to a stop i took another step and a twig snapped under my foot. The echoed snap sent Cassie turning around within an instant. By this time i had spun and hidden behind a tree.

She turned back around and i decided to figure out what was happening using my other senses. She cut the bag with her claws and i heard muffled talking and ragged breathing. I heard verbal fighting, and a high-pitched scream. It wasnt Cassie.

It wasnt out of fear either, it was out of pain.

Then...

The rich, intoxicating smell of blood. The thick, crimson substance immediately began to smell and surround the area i was in. i couldnt hide anymore. I came out of hiding.

"Cassie? What have you done?"