23

It'd been about a week since they set off from Enbarr, and now they set their destination towards Garreg Mach. The monsters had been cleared out, for the most part, all that remained were a bunch of feathers and a couple birds that had already been beaten down quite a lot. And so, knowing that the rest of the army could take care of them, Edelgard arranged for a small group to depart to the monastery, upon which they'd meet up with more soldiers and proceed to go to other areas around Fodlan.

This small group consisted of the outsiders to Fodlan, the trio, and a couple of guards. Currently, the sun was just about to set, and Dimitri and Edelgard had separated from the group, off to gather firewood to make dinner. They were silent as they walked through the darkening woods, only the crunch of the leaves beneath their feet as they walked along being the only sound heard. Edelgard carried her axe, Aymr, over her shoulder while Dimitri kept his lance strapped behind his back.

To be honest, he was a little nervous. To be fair, he was always nervous, but he felt a little more nervous than usual today. He looked up from the ground to Edelgard, who marched forward confidently and looked like she was completely aware of her surroundings. He glanced at a tree.

He couldn't help but recall the conversation the group had had in the bar just a couple days ago.

~

"Hah? I came just in time!" Claude glared as he approached the purple-haired man

"Hah? I came just in time!" Claude glared as he approached the purple-haired man. "I didn't even have any difficulty getting her off our shoulders!"

"Used the alcohol excuse?" The man asked.

"Duh."

"Congratulations on being a smarty pants!" The man smirked, standing up from his seat, placing his drink down, and harshly slapping Claude's back. He then turned to the group, his smile becoming more genuine and slightly gentle. "The name's Yuri, leader of the Ashen Wolves. Pleasure."

"The Ashen... Wolves?" Peach wondered. Her first thought? Man she wanted to steal his looks. Her second thought: they were all about to get assassinated weren't they? Except Robin, since he can't die, and he wouldn't snitch about it, probably anyway.

"An organization, of sorts," Claude said. "They do all kinds of stuff."

Yuri cleared his throat, raising his hand, lifting up a finger as he listed, "Assassination, robbery, infiltration, gambling, building, spying, mercenary work. We don't do that last one as much, though, since we are a secret organization, or guild, whichever you prefer."

"You needn't worry, we aren't here to harm you," Dimitri reassured after seeing Peach's fearful face. "We are here because we'd like to discuss something."

"If that's the case, why not bring Edelgard along?" Marth asked, sighing a little.

"You can't read context clues, can you?" Yuri said as he crossed his arms. "Obviously she didn't come along because this is about her."