EIGHT

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
☦︎︎

"Your coming with me" The fier family had just gotten done burying Henry in the backyard next to merryboy.

eve got changed out of her blood covered dress and threw it in the garage before grabbing a pink dress her mother had lended her.

she got changed before slipping on her shoes "I'm coming father." her voice was still raspy from all the screaming and crying she had done earlier.

she hugged Sarah goodbye before linking arms with her father "I love you Sarah" she gave her a small smile before both her and her father stepped out of their home.

the two walked through the night Evelyn shivered as a gust of wind blew into her face.

Goosebumps erupted on her Carmel skin before she opened up the door revealing almost everyone in union except lizzie Sarah and Hannah.

"Evelyn" she let go of her fathers arms before being pulled into Elijahs embrace "I'm sorry about what happened to Henry" he whispered in her ear making her swallow back her tears.

"its not your fault elijah" she let go and softly smiled at him before walking toward solomon who glared at his younger brother.

"how are you?" eve shrugged before sitting down beside him "im living" she bluntly stated.

"hear ye! Hear ye!"

"union good people of union listen!" abbis father jakob berman continued to bang onto the pulpit with force.

"there is a dark and evil force at work here" Evelyn shifted in her seat uncomfortably before she felt a hand fall in place with hers.

"If we are ever to end this misery..then we must root out the guilty" the man spoke out his voice filled with pure rage and hatred.

"We must-" eve felt Solomon remove his hand from hers before he slid closer toward the edge of his seat.

"Jakob! Please, Goodman berman! The man responsible is dead" Solomon shouted.

"Pastor Miller—"

"The pastor...our pastor was a man of God" people in the crowd agreed with the grieving man.

"And this was not him! He was possessed by a darkness!" He continued.

"My child, my dear Constance and many others are dead,our futures....many of our entire bloodlines have been stolen from us" jakobs voice had cracked durning his speech as his body shook with rage.

"SOMEONE MUST PAY!" his voice echoed as the crowd assented loudly with Jakob, Elijah stood up to cheer the man on before he sat back down.

Jakob walked away from the pulpit before mad Thomas walked toward it, issac turned around and made eye contact with Evelyn.

she waved before looking up towards mad Thomas "I saw some little lambs of our town...laughing, dallying on the full moon last!" the crowd shouted at the man making eve stand up.

"let me speak" she scooted past Solomon, she held the bottom of her dress as she walked up the wooden steps.

she pushed mad Thomas away from the pulpit before looking at everyone "there were some of us in the woods, but there was no....we drank apple Jack, we danced, we are all young that is not a crime." she spoke softly as she made eye contact with Sarah whom was stood outside the glass window.