Just a Deku

the sun was setting, it was getting dark. izuku gripped the rock in his hand. he really shouldn't be doing this. he should just apologize and walk away.

he threw the rock, this time hitting the guy right above his right eyebrow. it left a little blood and-

the mugger swung at him with his bat, hitting izuku in the stomach, making him stumble backwards into a wall. "i don't think it's ideal hitting a kid, but i'm not against it." the guy grinned.

he swung the bat again, hitting him in the arm, izuku fell to the ground and stared at him. this was where he was going to die. he was going to die trying to be a hero, he shouldn't have taken the shortcut. fhis was all his fault he was going to die here and leave mom waiting. izuku stared at the guy as he raised the bat over his head to strike. he was going to die here alone in an ally with his stupid burnt analysis books being the only thing with him.

izuku swueezed his eyes shut, he had to move. move!

the mugger brought his bat to the ground.

but izuku was prepared this time, he rolled and threw himself at the guys legs, making him stumble backwards and drop his bat.

izuku recovered quickly, standing up and picked up another, larger rock. hitting him in the directly in shoulder. the guy cried out. before he could figure out what was happening, izuku rammed his elbow into the mans stomach.

the guy threw up.

izuku stared at the guy below him, his mind was blank and he was breathing heavily. "who are you? you some sort of hero student or something?" the man glared at him.

"me? a hero?" izuku couldn't hide the pain in his voice, and picked up the bat. the tip had splintered slightly, but it would do. he tested it in his hand and turned to the guy. "nah, i'm just a deku."

the muggers eyes widened, and izuku swung the bat into the he side of his head.