3) Visits

*Devin's pov*

I opened my eyes to see the room once again. Usually when you think of a god you think beautiful things and how their room will be well lit and majestic. Not Galrin.

Galrin's room was dark and had little to no things around and Galrin likes it that way. Simple, not blinding, and not over cramping. I smiled as I looked over at Galrin herself.

Galrin had what we would call human legs that can turn into fins, but she prefers the legs when in this room. Galrin looks at us and sighed. I think by now she knows that whenever I'm in the mind with Lucas that it was one of those days.

"How bad was it child?" Galrin asked

"Not good." I said as he opened her arms and Lucas and me swam over.

Her long deep blue hair and green eyes where always comforting and her clothes showed her high status as it was elegant, but not too elegant so it did not shine or at least not brightly.

"I see... I find it funny that I always seem to build bonds with those who are young. Even before I was cursed to this seal." Galrin said and I looked at her.

"You've never explained that to us." I said

"It's not something I talk about, but If I remember correctly about a week ago was your 21 birthday. I'm a wrong?" Galrin said and I shook my head.

"Wanna hear something that Michael did?" Lucas asked

"Lucas don't you dare." I said and Lucas gave me that look of, Oh I am going to tell.

"Michael-" I slapped my hand over his mouth.

"Don't..." I said dragging it out just a tiny bit before Lucas removed my hand.

"Michael shoved Devin's head into the cake!" Lucas and I tackled him embarrassment written all over my face.

Lucas laughed as he hugged me before Galrin grabbed the back of our shirts gently moving us away from each other smiling.

"That must have been funny." Galrin said and I chuckled.

"It was a good cake." I huffed crossing my arms

"Well I'm glad to see your cheering up." Galrin said

"Ya. It's nice to see you when I'm down. You always make me calm again." I said and Galrin raised an eyebrow

"That's the first time I've heard that." Lucas mentioned and I was a bit surprised I didn't say sooner

"Well I'm just saying the truth. I come here and I feel calmer." I said and I saw Galrin smile.

"It's an unusual thing to say. Most people when they see me thing I have to be held high as the goddess. However even a god wants something normal. It's why I enjoyed being able to see different people through the god slayers powers." Galrin mentioned as Lucas made his eyes turn yellow then back to blue

"Well I'm glad that I can see you eye to eye." I said smiling again.

"Indeed. You two should head back. It's been about an hour. I won't want to keep you here for to long." Galrin said and I nodded before going over and I hugged Galrin's arm. Galrin's huge in size, her hand is like my entire body size maybe a bit smaller.

"Take care of yourself Devin, Lucas." She said placing a hand on my back as she gently hugged me. She removed her hand letting me go. I swam next to Lucas and we both left back to the real world.

"Feeling better now Devin?" Lucas asked as he moved his head away

"Ya. Thanks Lucas." I said and he ruffled my hair.

"Come on let's go." Lucas and and I nodded following him out to see Mario trying to train Jakey a bit more.

"Sorry for the long wait. However I'm sure you two are use to that." Lucas said and Mario smiled.

"We sure are. Prince Devin I'm happy to see your doing good." Mario said with a smile that is to like, it's not forced. There are a few people that don't look at me and think I'm going to go rotten any second, those are the people I trust the most.

We stared to swim back to the palace, but stopped when a large boats shadow came over us. It was a huge boat and clearly made to hold a lot of things.

I stared at it and Lucas tugged my hand and we both continued to swim. Jakey in front of us and Mario behinds us.

Mario then started to panic and he pointed out the a net was being pulled behind the boat and it was coming straight at us.

Jakey swam fast and so I picked up the pace. Lucas kept close and Mario had a sharp shell knife just in case the net did catch any of us.

Lucas and Mario were one of the fastest swimmers and Jakey was quick. I'd say I'm a common swimmer. Which I should probably work on.

Swimming past the net I felt something get caught on my tail fin and it tugged me. I let out a yelp and Mario stopped and quickly swam back over to me and grabbed onto the net. It was clear now that the net was being dragged behind the boat, but the sailors must be pulling it up to see what they caught.

Mario sawed at the rope which seemed to be thicker then normal nets which frustrated him and I closed my eyes before feeling my tail get lose and Mario grabbed me and pulled me away and swam down. I looked at my tail and saw it was slightly damaged.

"That's going to be difficult to fix." Lucas said swimming to me and hugged me.

"You ok prince Devin?" Jakey asked as I watched the net fully get pulled up. I slowly nodded before moving my tail and some pain flared from it and I winced at it. I've gotten hurt before, but this is the first time that anything has happened to my fin and it hurts so much.

Fins are like the thinnest part of our body, but it hurts so much when it damaged and the worst part it's not easy or at all fixable. The funny part is that we always get them somehow damaged for the most dumb or odd reasons.

"Let's go we honestly shouldn't stay here. I'll create a current." Lucas said and I nodded as me moved together.

It'll be ok Devin. This is probably a lot better then getting fully caught in the net.

*??? Pov*

"Hey Captains! Come see this!" I yelled

"What do you want?" The lightning captain said.

"Look at this." I said grabbing the couple of lager beautiful red scales.

"What the holy fuck kind of fish is that big?" I glared at my conrad David and punched him in the arm.

"It's not any ordinary fish. The only type of fish that could ever have scales this bright and big are merlin people." I said examining the scale

"Merlin? But aren't those just a myth?" Our new member of the crew a fighter and medic Bryan said

"Well Myth or not they did once exist and it looks like they still do." I said

"Well this is a great discovery." One of our captains Ritchie said

"Good find Kit." Our other captain Brandon said

"I call keeping these in a picture frame in my room." I said and everyone chuckled as I ran off.

Merlin people still exist. Who knows if we got a scale of one today then maybe we'll actually get to fully see one.

One day.