8) The Crew and The Merlin

*Kit's pov*

I snuck out and went to the fish tank and tapped on it once, I saw Devin move before he looked at me. He had a fish in his mouth and I was at first shocked, but then I realized why. He's a merlin he has to eat fish, seaweed, and other sea related items that are edible to them.

I shook my head regaining myself and looked up at him before waving at him to show my friendliness. He slowly came over and that paper he used to talk to us reappeared on the glass.

"What do you want?" It read.

"Well I wanted to ask you since it clear that you'll be with us for a while um... What kind of magic do you have?" I asked and Devin looked at me with sad eyes before shaking his head.

"I'm sorry I'm not comfortable with saying." It read and I nodded.

"I understand, let's see... Oh! What's it like back home?" I asked

"Home?" It read before changing again to a longer text

"Well, I live with my older brothers Michael and Lucas and mom. I'm also really happy with them, but in all honesty I wouldn't mind being away from everyone one else besides them...no one really, likes me, you could say." It read and I stopped trying to take notes and looked at him. He looked so sad.

"Can I ask why?" I asked

"My magic. Last person who had my magic abused it so people think I'll end up like them." It said and I looked at him. He was serious about this which is sad because no one deserves to be hated because of their magic. Makes sense why he won't tell me.

"I won't hate you." I said and Devin looked at me.

"...how do I know your not just saying that to make me feel better." It said and Devin, sigh? I don't know if people and sigh underwater but then again he's different.

"Because I don't know anything about the person your talking about so why should I hate you if I don't know your history but even if I did learn your clearly different. Your kind from what I can tell." I said and Devin looked at me.

"I tried to burn your ship and your saying I'm kind?" It read and Devin had a confused look on his face.

"I mean when I think about it we honestly should have let you go, but we didn't and we also hurt your friend and you were just angry by that which means you care a lot about the people close to you." I said and Devin's eyes softened as he looked at me.

It was a moment before the words on the paper changed.

"Arc of Embodiment." It said and I looked at Devin who was swimming away and when I looked back at the paper it was gone.

"Ok...good night." I said and I turned around and left but not before writing down what I remembered. I sighed as I returned to my bunker unaware that one of my captains was watching me.

*Brandon's pov*

Well that was a conversation I may not know what was written on the paper because of how far it was away from me but from the tone of voice kit had and the things she said it sounds like Devin doesn't like his magic even the common people excepted his family don't like him.

I shook my head and returned back to mine and Ritchie's bunker.

"Where were you?" Ritchie asked rolling over slightly to look at me tiredly as I entered and I sighed as I went into my hammock bed.

"Just watching Kit, she'll have some interesting news for us in the morning." I said and Ritchie groaned still and fell back to sleep. He was never one to be happy when woken up.

The next day came around and everyone was gathering around for breakfast Kit was the last one in and she sat down with he notebook.

"Kit your the last one here, usually Vipers the last one here." David said

"Hey!" Viper yelled and Kit chuckled.

"No I was late because I was talking to Devin." Kit said and I raised an eyebrow.

"Again?" I asked and Kit looked at me.

"What do you mean?" She asked

"Last night." I said and her eyes widened.

"I..um....hm..." She said looking away.

"So what was that first conversation about? Sounds like you might have found more about him?" I asked

"Brandon said you might have something to share with the crew the next morning." Ritchie mentioned as he took a bite of food.

"Alright, alright, alright. I'll tell, but please understand there are somethings that are going to be left out on behalf of Devin's request of not saying anything." I said

"Ok let's sit down and eat. Except Ritchie your already eating" Bryan said with a huff and I watched Kit flip through her book.

"Ok first things first. Devin had a magic that isn't liked were he lives I can't say the magic but apparently the last merlin that had it abused it's power and now the people that he lives around, besides his family and a few others, don't like him." Kit said and that caught everyone's attention.

"Wait he's not liked by the people he lives around?" Colin asked and I nodded

"Wow that's sad." Seek said

"Ya. Also I got his brothers names." Kit said

"Wait he has brothers?" David said before getting smacked by Bryan.

"Idiot." Bryan said.

"So he's the youngest and the other two are older then him their names are Michael and Lucas." Kit said and I looked at my brother.

"Also later today I promised Devin I would teach him or help him learn how to walk one solid ground." Kit said and Viper coughed.

"No! He's just going to use it to has advantage." Viper said

"No he's not and you'll see why." Kit said

"Ok no arguing we'll talk more about this later." Ritchie said and I smiled

Well this will be interesting