4) Crossing Lands

*Kit's pov*

Sailing back to the Triplet Islands was calm. We put the fish we caught in the tank and David and Bryan where making dinner while making it a nice competition. They didn't blow up anything if what I'm saying.

Our ship is modeled after a royal ship from a far kingdom. Our builders Colin and Seek where part of the royal families ship building crew, but they got replaced so as revenge they stole the blueprints and set sail on a small boat which we found them on. Our ship was once small and when we provided them a place to stay they took it.

After about a mouth they disappeared. We are first got worried, but then we got letters from them as they said they they where doing great and that they were building something for us.

It was about a year later and right next to our smaller ship was this ship. Colin and Seek next to it. The presented it and let Ritchie and Brandon name it.

They called it Divinus Magia and since this ship was modeled after a royal ship it's got a huge fish tank. So we just have fun with bringing in fish and so that food lasts longer without having to constantly come in and fish again we put them in the fish tank.

So I'm sitting here the fish tank behind me and I looked up when Brandon came in.

"Ah there you are Kit." He said coming over sitting down.

"Hello Brandon what brings you here?" I asked.

"Just wanted to see what each crew member is doing....are these the scales?" Brandon asked picking up one of the faded red scales.

"Yes seems like this particular scale unlike others has to be in water for it to be in it's brightest state." I said as I pulled out the scale that I left in water and it was a vibrant red.

"You like studying this don't you." Brandon said

"I mean. Ya, Merlin people are people of the ocean they have their own kingdoms that lays in the oceans depths." I said

"I see. Well anyways David said dinner should be soon so wrap things up." Brandon said dropping the scale into the water and it slowly and immediately regained it's color.

"See you soon." I said and Brandon left.

I took a deep breath before grabbing everything. I cover the glass top and walked to my room and put the jar in a very steady spot so that it won't have any risk of breaking if a storm hit.

I set my journal down and went to the dinning hall and helped Bryan set up the tables. After that everyone got their food and we all sat down and started to eat.

One day. One day I'll be able to see one of these people. I just know it.

*Michael's pov*

Lucas, Devin, Mario, and Jakey all came back. I stopped Lucas as mom came over asking by Mario was holding Devin close and Lucas said Devin got hurt

"Wait where?" Mom asked worried

"Fishing net caught his tail slightly, as we were coming back. Devin's fin is slightly damaged, but not to badly it should be able to heal." Lucas said

"I see. Well then I geuss he isn't leaving the palace for a while." I said

"I'll make sure that Mario or Jakey is with him. They get along well with each other." Mom said and I chuckled.

"Probably more Mario then Jakey." I said and Lucas chuckled.

"But your forgetting Jakey has a way convincing people to stay so he's also a good one." Lucas

"True." I said

"Well I'm going to be heading out to see the people. Are you two coming or you going to stay with Devin?" Mom asked

"We'll stay with Devin." I said and Lucas nodded and mom smiled at us.

"Alright." She said before gently ruffling our hair after she removed our crowns

We took back our crowns and fixed our hair waving at mom as she left. I smiled as I swam with Lucas over to Devin's room and found Mario and Jakey by his door. I nodded to them and Jakey smiled and waved as we entered.

"How's our baby brother doing?" I asked

"I am not a baby I am a young adult." Devin said his tail wrapped up a bit.

"This is going to limit your movement I hope you realize that." Lucas said swimming over to an underwater hammock and sat down in it.

"I know, but you know we can't do much when seaweed is this thick." Devin poking at the seaweed made bandages.

"Be happy that the people that make the bandages cut the seaweed in half so it's not as thick." Lucas said and Devin sighed laying on his bed

"Also Devin, I'm happy with you exploring but you seriously need to take someone with you." I said.

"But I don't need company I can handle myself!" Devin said

"Doesn't matter. I mean look at you. If Mario hadn't pointed out the rapid moving net I think all four of us would be in a worst situation." Lucas said and Devin sighed.

"...fine I'll bring someone with me." Devin said and I smiled

"Alright. I don't know about you two, but I'm hungry." I said and Devin sat up.

"I'm starving." Devin said and I chuckled as he got up and Lucas whistled and a dolphin came into the room. It chirped at us and Devin let it and slowly hugged it and me and Lucas swam next to the dolphin to guide it. Soon we got to the dinning hall and Devin thanked the dolphin for it's help before it left.

I smiled as Devin and Lucas began to talk about how big the ship was when they passed under it.

I just listened. I've never been talkative and it's nice to see them happy. Happy, we didn't think that this ship encounter would be heartbreaking but a life changer as well.