5) Lost Prince

*Mario's pov*

I swam with Devin as he went through the coral reefs that have formed on the old century old ships that were sunk long ago. Devin's fin healed up however it's no surprise that he still has a slight rip at the edge of his tail.

"Mario come here!" Devin said and I swam over only to be dunked with a mud ball which I shook off. Devin was laughing so I set down my spear and picked up some mud and threw it back at him cutting him off and he flipped some of the mud residue into my face before swimming off to another ship laughing.

I smiled as I grabbed my spear and went looking for him. This was one of Devin's favorite games. Hid and seek. He may be a young adult like most of us, but he does like a good game every now and then. It helps with cheering him up especially since not many like him.

After playing a couple of rounds we went back to the palace, Devin of course had his little collection of things he gathered and as we got closer to the palace we saw Michael swim out and hug Devin.

"Michael? What's up?" Devin asked

"You forgot to tell someone were you where going I'm glad you took someone with you, but you didn't tell anyone else were you where going I was worried." Michael said checking me.

"I'm fine Michael. I'm sorry." Devin said and I looked over at Kay who swam over to us.

"Hey Mario, here." She said handing me a book and I smiled and thanked her. It's a book of history of warriors. I'm trying my best to teach Jakey, but it's been a bit hard so maybe some history of importance will buck him up.

"Hey Mario we're going inside thank you for hanging out with me." Devin said and I smiled.

"Absolutely, I enjoyed it. However I still think you deserve that mud ball." I said and Devin laughed before he swam away.

I smiled before swimming to my room to make a report to send to queen Flurry so that she knows of Devin's safety.

Once I was done I sent a messenger fish to her room and pulled out my book and started to read it.

Let's see what I can do.

*Devin's pov*

The day went on normally and when evening came around I got to tell mom, Michael, and Lucas my stories of my time by the ship wrecks.

Evening turned to night and I found myself wide awake. It's been a week and a half since I got caught in the net and my tails healed with some... scaring. Now I'm not sad about it, in fact a lot of merlin people have some form of a small cut from either a leftover net in the ocean or something else that happened in the ocean.

I turned in my bed for a bit before giving up on trying to fall asleep. I got up and slowly went to my desk and wrote a note and grabbed my bag and note book before going to my window and opened it looking around before swimming out.

I made sure to avoid any patrol and I swam past the city borders. They can't hold me after all. I swam till I got to the barrier borders which is the border which separates the safe zone with the rest of the world.

The safe zone is the zone we call our home so any ship that enters always gets sunk if they stick around.

I took a deep breath and passed the line and swam forward twords the coral reef I saw in the distance on the adventures. I've never done this before, but I'm old enough to do this on my own right?

I pulled out my book and looked at the reef. It's not as big as maybe the ones in my home area but they had some colors and fish that aren't so noticable in the area. I took note the the fish behavior and the looks of the reef.

It's been damaged because of the anchor droppings that's for sure. I sighed as a school of fish came to me and I giggled as a few fish tinkled me. I followed them for a bit before finding a coral reef bed  and I set myself up there. I closed my eyes and fell asleep unaware of the close ship.

I woke up the next morning to someone slightly shaking me and I sat up and rubbed my eyes and looked over to see Mario.

"Good morning prince I hope you slept well." Mario said and I yelped in surprise and he chuckled.

"What you didn't think that I wouldn't fine you? Remember I have sensing as long as the person is in a 100 meter radius. Now I will admit it took me a while to find you because you left said radius, but I knew you've had your eye out for this kind of area." Mario said and I sighed.

"Are you going to tell mom and my brothers?" I asked

"Maybe. I will tell them if something bad happens while we are out here, but other wise maybe no. I also modified your note hope you didn't mind." Mario said and I chuckled.

"I don't mind." I said and Mario nodded.

We swam for a bit more until a bunch of fish swam past us and at first I was confused, but then Mario shouted my name and I looked in front of me right as the net came in contact with me. In surprise I yelped as I saw so many more fish get caught I looked over as Mario grabbed the net to slow it down, but then the net was pulled up

I looked up past the fish and then I tried to swim down, but I stopped when I realized I was caught. I took a deep breath and grabbed Mario's hands and looked him before taking off my crown handing it to him.

"Go get help." I said before making Mario let go which meant I was heading up into the surface much quicker and so I cover my gills and the fish moved to cover me.

I opened my eyes one last time to see Mario trying to grab the net again but failed as it was pulled out of the water. I'm sorry.

*3rd person.*

The crew opened the fish tank doors and they put the net inside before releasing it making sure that all the fish were out before pulling the net back up. The crew of Divinus magic happily laughed at their big haul in until a very harsh kick came to the ship.

Kit ran to the edge and screamed as a spear flew out of the water and hit the ship.

David ran to her and helped her up and most of the crew came running to the side to see what was going on and it was answered as Mario pushed the ground up in a piller. He looked at them in anger as he grabbed a long sharp rock and held it up and threw it, but it was blocked by David who brought up a ice wall.

"Why is there a Merlin all the way out here!?" He yelled

"More importantly why are they showing themselves. Aren't they usually hidden!?" Bryan yelled and Ritchie got up and raised his hand making lightning strike down and Mario screamed retreating back to the ocean.

Brandon moved the ship with the winds and he didn't stop till they all were far from that stop.

"Guys?" Kit said being the first to recover and was by the net.

"What Kit?" Ritchie asked a bit pissed.

"You don't think we might have grabbed something, or should I say someone that the merlin knew?" Kit said pulling off some scales that looked exactly like the ones we saw the first time.

"The scales are exactly the same."