Chapter 41

Week 5: Changes in the body are still subtle but the embryo is now the size of a sesame seed, 2-3 millimetres. Many structures are starting to take shape.

_________________________________________

I arrived at the hospital about ten minutes later and ran to the reception.

"Hi. I'm looking for Dr Lawry." I said to the lady behind the desk.

"Do you have an appointment?" She asked.

"Actually I do but it's tomorrow afternoon. I just can't wait till tomorrow. Please I just need to talk to him for a few minutes I won't waste his time." She looked at me unsure of what to do.

"I'm sorry it's just that he's a busy doctor and he works per schedule. Regardless of who is looking for him." I sighed heavily.

I looked around and the elevator opened revealing Zach.

This must be my lucky day. I ran to him. Clearly shocked that he was seeing me, his eyes widened.

"Hey." I said.

"Babe what are you doing here?" He whispered pulling me back to the elevator.

"Thank Goodness you're here. We have a problem." He looked worried.

"Are you sick? Is the baby okay?" I nodded quickly.

"We're fine but-" the elevator opened and a nurse came in. She gave us a smile.

"Hi" she greeted and I did the same. Zach pressed the 7th floor and waited till we reached there. He grabbed my hand and led me to his office.

Last time I was here to see Dr Lawry he was not working.

We got into his office and he closed the door.

"Okay tell me, what is going on?" I took a deep breath.

"Remember when I told you a few days ago that I was here for a check up and you were not in?"

"Yeah I remember that." I gulped.

"Okay so I found Dr Lawry and he ran some tests which he said I should come back for tomorrow. Zach he might know I'm pregnant." His eyes widened.

"Oh shit!" He cursed.

"I came to see him and maybe ask him to be discreet but the lady at the reception said I needed to have an appointment." I explained.

"It's the hospital policy. Okay right now he's in the middle of a surgery. He's been busy the whole day, back to back surgeries so you'd have to wait even if you did have the appointment." He said pacing.

An idea came to mind.

"Perfect." I shouted. Zach looked at me. "We should go into his office and see if we can find my file."

"Kyla we could get caught." I held his face in my hands making him look at me.

"There's a fifty percent chance we won't. I'll be on the lookout. Please I cannot risk him finding out if he still doesn't know anything. There's a high possibility he doesn't know if you're saying he's been busy the whole day. Please." He gave me a hug.

"Okay baby. Let's go." We walked out of his office and took the elevator to the fifth floor.

I spotted Lawry's office immediately. I checked in the keyhole and no one was inside.

"Clear." I said and Zach laughed at my language.

He got in first and I followed.

"Okay" he looked at his wrist watch. "We have ten minutes." I nodded.